Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Commercial Energy Division, Innovation & Customer Engagement - Marketing
Marketing and Community and Outreach Associate
New York, NY
ICF delivers all the strategic communications and marketing services of a top-flight marketing and communication agency, plus the domain expertise and resources of a leading international consulting firm. Our award winning Marketing team is growing and in search of a Marketing and Community Outreach Associate who is passionate about planning, developing, and implementing communication strategies. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with at least three years of professional marketing communications and outreach experience looking forward to building a long-term career.
- Generate ideas for promoting energy efficiency programs to residential and commercial and industrial business customers in conjunction with the program managers and their teams.
- Create and implement a community outreach strategy that ensures lead generation in order to meet portfolio goals.
- Plan, manage and attend community outreach events which includes negotiating rates and added value (e.g. speaking opportunities and advertisements) to help build program awareness and pipeline of participants.
- Educate and build relationships with community organizations, target audiences, trade allies and other stakeholders around energy efficiency and distributed energy resources to drive participation in related programs.
- Identify marketing collateral needs for community outreach events.
- Develop and plan social media content around event participation.
- Implement community outreach marketing plan within program budgets.
- Website and communication product development, including newsletters, fact sheets, and email marketing content.
- Track and conduct cost benefit analysis of outreach events lead generation.
- Develop briefings, presentations, and other communications tools.
- Tracking and reporting on multiple deliverables within deadlines using Microsoft Project, Excel spreadsheets, SharePoint, Trello, Basecamp, Tableau, and other similar tools.
- Local travel around NYC’s five boroughs and availability to attend weekend events.
- Bachelor's degree, required
- Managing a project from start to finish. Conceptualizing and aligning with the client, interacting with editors, designers, production managers through completion of project.
- 3+ years of professional marketing communications experience
- Excellent verbal communication and writing skills
- Strong team orientation with a focus on collaboration
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of traditional and social media environments
- Energetic, self-starter and resourceful problem solver
- High attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple ongoing activities
- Can-do attitude and willingness to jump in where needed
- Willingness to travel
- Experience staffing outreach tables at community events
- Experience working in an advertising agency and/or experience with energy or energy efficiency marketing
- Experience using project management software platforms, marketing metrics tracking systems, content management systems (CMS) and email management systems
- Experience developing education and outreach materials
- Experience working in a multi-task environment with on site and remote colleagues
- Detail oriented and precise
- Responsive to feedback
- Outstanding verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision making capabilities
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Superior interpersonal skills including courtesy, professionalism, and a cooperative attitude
- Proficiency in Email Campaign Management software; Salesforce Marketing Cloud experience a plus.
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
- Ability to be flexible to handle multiple priorities
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement .
New York, NY (NY18)