Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Who we are:
ICF Olson is a collective of world-class agencies delivering across the spectrum of customer experience: creative expression (Olson), public engagement (Olson Engage), customer relationships/loyalty (Olson 1to1) and digital experiences (Olson Digital). Though experts in different areas, we are united in our common POV: Think like people. ® This means everything we do is made from empathy – the key to brand success in a world of ever-shrinking attention and ever-growing choice. Learn more at icfolson.com
Who we’re looking for:
The Internet of things, connected objects, and mobile are powering a new era of brand experiences. It has fundamentally re-drawn the customer journey in ways that require marketers to adapt in real time. The Experience Designer t needs to be able to think beyond the boxes and arrows of traditional UX and cast a vision of how our clients can continuously evolve their customers experience and ways they can use new technologies to deliver new services.
What you’ll get to do:
- Contribute to overall experience strategy and vision, developing sketches, illustrations, mock-ups, prototypes and visual interfaces.
- Deliver high-quality designs ranging from innovative concepts to pixel perfect visual systems.
- Contribute to building and evolving tools, processes, best practices and templates/frameworks to continuously improve the human-centered design methods and approaches.
- Lead and participate in concept sessions leveraging ethnographic research and design thinking.
- Introduce trends and exemplars across a variety of emerging technologies like AI, IoT, VR and AR.
- Translate customer insights into concepts, personas, user journeys, storyboards, system maps, user flows, wireframes, visual design comps and prototypes with Sketch, Adobe CS, InVision, and other tools.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Understanding of human-centered design.
- Expertise in design methods, processes, tools, and best practices.
- Creative problem solving and strong communication skills
- Able to collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams across all aspects of UX design processes.
- Strong visual communication skills.
- Strong self-direction and sense of responsibility; exhibiting a high-level of professionalism and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of various prototyping tools
- Retains an overview of the project; tracks the milestones (as well as details) of project deliverables.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement .
Chicago, IL (IL12)