Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF Olson is looking for Junior Software Developer to join our and growing team. Reporting to the Technical Director, the Junior Software Developer is a part of a collaborative team which strategizes innovative solutions for our clients and prospective clients and actively participates in the implementation of digital solutions.
- Eager to learn, you are a sponge soaking up as much information as possible from more senior members of the team
- Problem Solver, you love a good challenge and will stop at nothing to overcome it
- Self-starter , you stay up-to-date with the newest technologies and can teach yourself just about anything
- Effective communicator , you know how to talk the talk and are quick on your feet
Your Key Responsibilities:
Here's what you'll be doing day to day:
- Develop: implement and maintain back-end code to support various platforms: web/mobile sites, mobile apps, etc. Perform deployments to our test servers
- Integration: work with databases to integrate third party/social network APIs
- Collaborate: work with various different teams and departments on scope and design solutions
- Document: participate in discovery of technical project requirements and ensure they are documented
- Code Reviews: assist with best practices, code guidelines and ensure code quality is up to required standards
Your Experience & Intangible traits:
The ideal candidate for the Junior Software Developer position will possess the following competencies:
- Solid and extensive knowledge/experience in J2EE technologies including JSP, Spring, Hibernate and web/application servers
- Understanding of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), REST, JSON
- Problem solving and debugging skills with focus on writing clean and high performance codes
- Keen interest in the latest technologies
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Ability to work within tight timelines, delivering quality and well written codes
- Team player
Why you'll love working here:
- Catered Friday lunches
- Loaded snack cupboards
- Office-ping pong and foosball tables, plus the latest and greatest video games
- Friendly community with lots of social events from boat cruises to volleyball tournaments
- Participation in charity initiatives
- We have open workspace with no cubicles, even your manager might be sitting just across from you
- A lot of people here also been through co-op themselves, they know how it feels and work hard to give you the best experience
- We try out new things: the technology team at ICF Olson Canada keeps up with the latest & greatest, we always push our tech capabilities
- We value your inputs! If you have suggestions on how we can improve the things that you are working on, we are happy to listen
At ICF Olson, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. ICF Olson is committed to providing accommodations. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Please be assured we’ll treat any information you share with us with the utmost care, only use your information for recruitment purposes and will never sell it to other companies for marketing purposes. Please review https://www.icf.com/legal/Canada-privacy-statement to view ICF’s Privacy Statement for more details.Please be assured we’ll treat any information you share with us with the utmost care, only use your information for recruitment purposes and will never sell it to other companies for marketing purposes. Please review https://www.icf.com/legal/Canada-privacy-statement to view ICF’s Privacy Statement for more details.
The statements contained in this job description reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences, to equalize peak work periods, or to otherwise balance organizational workload.
Toronto, Canada (CD80)