IceVayne Games is an indie development company that started on May 19, 2019. As a team of 3, we are hard in-development of various game titles. Currently, we have 2 games in consideration at 2 publishers.
IceVayne Games is on a hunt for a Map/Level Designer for our up and coming story-based arcade-like first-person shooter. This is a revenue share position with the potential to become a full-time salaried team member.
- Create concept art and/or reference to be presented amongst the developers to know what direction you are heading with the maps.
- Create worlds(levels) to be used in the game you are working on
- Understanding on how to flesh out an environment and make it feel alive including but not limited to enemy positioning, level flow and pushing the player forward
- Able to quickly iterate on an idea, as well as take an asset to a final state
- In-depth knowledge of visual principles including form, shape, composition, design and how they relate to game development specifically
- In-depth knowledge of level sequencer, timed and triggered events, lighting and post-processing
- In-depth knowledge of destructible meshes and particle systems
- Strong understanding of the Unreal Engine 4
- Positive attitude and an ability to receive and provide objective feedback
- Minimum of 2-4 years of game development experience. Must have a completed game to show AAA or Indie.
- Know Unreal Engine 4's Visual Scripting: Blueprints
- Can implement in other areas of art for games (animation, FX, UI, etc.)
Send an email with resume, portfolio, and link to the released game.
Job Type: Contract