ICE Western Sales is experiencing unprecedented growth, and has an immediate opening for Mechanical Technologist.
ICE Western Sales is a Manufacturer of custom air handling equipment & special application design equipment for industries such as Oil refineries, Oil sands process buildings, potash and mining, commercial make-up air equipment, and institutional custom applications of heating, cooling, energy recovery and ventilating equipment. ICE Western sales also represent a full line of hydronic forced air, fan coils & Radiant hydronic equipment, providing products throughout Canada and U.S.A.
The successful candidate will possess the following skill set:
- Ability to work alongside the Sales Engineers and Designers in providing accurate design models of custom air handling equipment.
- A working knowledge of basic equipment design and operation parameters such as electric motor driven fan & blower applications.
- A working knowledge of industry design standards (ASHRAE), with the ability accurately to interpret engineering specifications and applications.
- Ability to accurately quote & bid equipment to Mechanical contractors & HVAC contractors.
- Ability to manage projects & project files, providing accurate information, and thorough equipment submittal data.
Qualifications and application skill set:
- 2-5 years' experience with equipment design & layout models. (auto-CAD)
- Auto-Cad user level II (preferably Auto-CAD user level III with ability to work in 3-D CAD model space).
- 3D- AutoCAD experience is an ASSET
- Ability to complete shop drawings for shop.
- Proven ability to manage projects from first inception to final shipment, controlling all aspects of the project from submittal Drawings through to final as built documentation control.
- Sheet metal and manufacturing experiences is an ASSET.
- Standard Microsoft Office applications, such as Excel, PDF editor, word, power-point, and others.
ICE Western Sales supports continual professional development and in doing so, will require that the successful Candidate be willing to:
- Attend conferences, product expositions (when required) and provide equipment learning opportunities to potential new clients and customers.
- Dental and Medical benefits
- Matching RRSP contribution Plan
- Short and Long -Term Disability Program
- 2 weeks' vacation
- Employee Assistance Program
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 to $35.00 /hour
- Sheet Metal and Manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
- AutoCAD: 2 years (Required)
- Mechanical Design: 2 years (Required)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Required)