PURPOSE: Lead and develop control system and related infrastructure programming to deliver automation projects to cost, schedule and scope.
- Where required participate in EPC and Client engineering processes including design development, reviews, HazOps and Safety Objective Analysis
- Review and input to ICE project scope and designs (including Shutdown Keys, Control System Philosophy, Narratives, CWPs, I/O lists) and procurement deliverables
- Lead development of Controller, HMI, SCADA, Telecommunications and Historian programming including internal QA/QC testing, FAT with client and handed over to construction.
- Uses MOC process for all changes. Supports project look-backs, MOCs, issues and opportunities to incorporate into process improvements and future projects. Follows processes and supports continuous improvements of processes to ensure quality and efficiency.
- Provides field and remote programming and infrastructure support during construction, commissioning, start-up and handover.
- Leads Programming Punch-list closeout, deliverables closeout, look backs, issues, MOCs and communication of Programming status.
REPORT TO: Project Manager
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor or Diploma in Engineering, Instrument or Electrical Trade or related field. Eng. or P.L Eng is an advantage.
- Minimum 10+ years of experience in industrial operating facilities and engineering offices. Oil & Gas, Refining and Chemicals are preferred industries.
- PLC, RTU, Telecommunications, DCS, Safety Systems (SIS) Historians, HMIs and SCADA infrastructure design and programming
- Engineering processes (including design reviews, HazOps, SOAs, FATs) and design documentation development (Shutdown Keys, Narratives, P&IDs, engineering drawings)
- Excellent verbal/written and presentation skills to technical and senior leadership levels
- Strong team leadership, mentoring, coaching, conflict resolution. Organized and results oriented.
- Occasional on-site field support
WORK PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Work is performed within a Professional Office and occasional Industrial Site visits. Required to walk, sit, climb stairs, and while on-site to stand for moderate periods of time
Job Type: Contract