The Shipping Coordinatoris responsible for a smooth and efficient flow of outbound freight and incoming materials, in a safe and timely fashion.
The Shipping Coordinatoralso ensures that company procedures are followed and all documentation for internal and external sources is accurate, legible and submitted as required.
- Responsible for accurately ensuring all trailers are accounted for, including trailers in doors, yard, third party live loads and deliveries.
- Ensure freight records are accurately maintained along with appropriately completed documentation .
- Ensure necessary customs documentation is accurately provided to facilitate effective and timely border/customs clearance.
- Provide direction to shipping forklift operators to ensure trailers are loaded correctly and in order of priority.
- Coordinate all on-site freight movements, optimizing efficiencies through the effective use of space, shipping docks and traffic
- Assign forklift operators non shipping duties as required.
- Ensure inventory accuracy by performing daily/weekly monthly counts on Finished Goods and Raw Materials
- All loads shipped and received are accurate and documentation is completed correctly and submitted as required to various internal and external agencies and departments.
- Maintain housekeeping standards in the Warehouse
- Ensure warehouse is free of health and safety hazards at all times.
- Perform complex procedures and calculations, completing required documentation ensuring accuracy.
- Communicate effectively with co-workers and provide direction to the forklift operators as Shipping Coordinator.
- Communicate efficiently with truck drivers and customers as required to provide shipped/received information.
- Experience in MS Office and can type minimum 45 words per minute
- Experienced data entry or key punching
- Can multitask and has good organization skills and scan documents
- Has good customer communication skills, phone skills, and can keep drivers calm
- Has a good demeanor and level headed for a fast pace office environment and keep everyone focused and prioritized agendas
- Can operate fork lift if needed
- Prefer SAP experience
- Reporting status of dropped trailers
- Self motivated, planner, and scheduling and planning for next day shipments
- Verifying quantities of pallets loaded and verifying correct sku after fork lifter has loaded the trailer
- Able to work on rotating 12 hour shifts
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- Shipping: 1 year (Preferred)
- Warehouse: 1 year (Preferred)