ICE Health Systems is a Calgary based software company, in which we build web based software for the healthcare industry. Please visit our web site at www.icehealthsystems.com to learn about ICE and our partnerships with leading universities in the United States.
We are currently expanding our development team and are looking to hire two individuals with a passion for software development and developing API's. You will be working in a full time, salaried position, helping to maintain and expand the current feature sets of our online web applications. Collaborating with our team of developers to assist in developing web applications.
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent education/experience.
- Thorough understanding of object-oriented software design principles.
- Ability to reliably plan, describe and implement a solution to software problems.
- Flexibility in the adoption of standard tools.
- Ability to design APIs to be used by UI developers.
- Knowledge of Java web frameworks, specifically Spring MVC.
- Experience using MySQL to build web applications.
- Experience using an ORM such as Hibernate to interact with the database.
- Understanding of testing methodologies and experiencing writing tests to verify the functionality of your code.
- Knowledge of version control systems such as Git and Mercurial is preferred.
- Self-starter who is able to research and learn on their own.
- Creative problem solver and detail driven.
- Ability to discuss and identify priorities.
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to adapt to a diverse team.
- Comfortable in a dynamic environment.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Office Environment, with the ability to work remotely.
- Hours of work, Monday to Friday, 7.5 hours/day.
- Shortlisted candidates will be expected to Complete a security clearance.
- Competitive base salary and comprehensive benefits package.
Job Type: Full-time