ICE Development Ltd.
Reports To: Superintendent/Foreman
Job Summary: Use survey instruments to establish correct grade for construction projects with the ability to read plans. Mathematically inclined to accurately complete many functions of the job. Must work with the site engineers to solve problems and be able to communicate well with all operators. Must be able to walk long distances and do groundwork essentials to the completion of the contract.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Achieve the correct grade by directing operators of equipment to adjust grade by moving earth gravel and other material.
- Measures distances from reference points to locate boundaries of construction site.
- Verifies curvature of graded surface using a hand level.
- Responsible for equipment checks and informing mechanics and supervisors of mechanical problems with the equipment.
- Be able to identify hazards on site.
- Must be willing and able to learn general construction practices involving road construction.
- Have an understanding of the issues involving ground disturbance and ability to work in and implement safe work practices and contribute to a safe work environment.
- Willing to learn and take direction.
- Must be able to communicate well with co-workers.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Must be able to work under pressure in some situations.
- Must be able to meet all safety requirements and applicable safety policies.
- Work overtime as required.
Job Type: Full-time