SUMMARY OF POSITION: The Marketing and Social Media Associate will have a passion for implementing marketing strategies and attracting and interacting with targeted virtual communities across social media platforms. The Marketing and Social Media Associate will assist in the development of marketing projects to increase awareness of all employment programming and services for adults and youth with disabilities. The Marketing and Social Media Associate will ensure timely communication to stakeholders via various marketing automation channels. The Marketing and Social Media Associate will create original content for use on social media, websites, and in newsletters and blogs. The ideal candidate will have good knowledge in marketing disciplines and techniques, strong creative skills, and excellent written, editing, presentation, and communication skills.
Marketing and Social Media:
- Brainstorm and assist in the creation and implementation of marketing campaigns and materials to help promote ICD's programs and services, increase referrals from ACCES-VR, and help promote ICD to community and employer partners.
- Assist in the development of marketing materials (flyers, program one-sheets, invites, brochures) to support business development initiatives, promote company events, increase awareness of training programs and new program launches.
- Assist in outbound and inbound marketing activities by demonstrating expertise in content development, marketing automation (mail chimp), optimization, advertising, and event planning.
- Assist in analyzing marketing data (campaign results, conversion rates, traffic, etc.) to help shape future marketing strategies and report on ROI.
- Undertake individual tasks of a marketing plan as assigned.
- Manage ICD's social media profiles and presence including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, website, and additional channels that may be relevant.
- Monitor and engage in relevant social discussions pertaining to disability inclusion and disability workforce development (i.e. - Twitter chats).
- Explore new ways to engage our targeted populations and identify new social networks to capture a wider audience.
- Write and produce various types of downloadable content (newsletters) and blog occasionally to expand our digital footprint awareness.
- Create 1-2 newsletters per quarter and share on social platforms to strengthen our position as a thought leader in the disability workforce development space.
- Other activities include, but are not limited to: taking photos and videos at ICD events and employer presentations, preparing and gathering materials for internal and external meetings, administer and analyze surveys via Survey Monkey, holding various roles at ICD events such as greeter, front desk support, decor and catering support.
What you will do with ICD staff:
- Work collaboratively with senior staff, training instructors, and students to provide staffing support when applicable.
- Assist CEO with end-of-year donor related activities and projects.
Performance and Administrative responsibilities:
- Work with senior staff to ensure student rosters are up-to-date for ICD events throughout the year (i.e. graduation, etc.)
- Maintain up-to-date contact list for employers and community partners for fundraising initiatives.
- Respond promptly and professionally to internal and external stakeholders.
WORK DEMANDS & ENVIRONMENT:
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Collaboration with other ICD team members.
- Ability to use independent judgment and initiative.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong computer skills, including Windows, MS Office, Outlook, Excel, creative software (InDesign, Illustrator, HTML, Adobe Creative Suite).
- Strong interpersonal skills for working with staff and external constituents.
- Ability to apply and encourage innovative thinking while embracing efficiency.
- Familiarity with workforce development, working with disability populations, diversity and inclusion practices.
- Professional, motivational and teamwork-oriented environment.
- Commitment to ICD's mission.
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment a must.
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
- BA/BS required in a related field.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in marketing and social media with a familiarity in working with individuals with disabilities.
- Proficiency with social media platforms
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES: N/A
Please apply through Indeed with resume and cover letter with a subject of Marketing and Social Media Associate and where you found the position listed.
The Institute for Career Development is an advocate for diversity in the workplace. All candidates will benefit from equality of opportunity and fair treatment without regard to: race; color; age; religion; pregnancy; sex; sexual orientation; disability; gender identity; gender expression; national origin; genetic information; Veteran status; marital status; or prior protected activity.
ICD complies with all applicable federal, state, and city employment laws
Job Types: Temporary, Contract
- Indesign: 1 year (Required)
- Non-Profit: 1 year (Preferred)
- Social Media Marketing: 3 years (Required)
- Workforce Development: 1 year (Preferred)
- Marketing Campaigns: 1 year (Required)
- Creative Design: 1 year (Required)
- Mail Chimp: 1 year (Required)