The Business Development Manager (BDM) is responsible for securing, maintaining and growing long-term, profitable business from prospective and existing clients. The BDM is expected to meet or exceed sales targets, ensure superb customer service and satisfaction, and generate sales growth through prospecting new account development. To achieve this, the BDM is expected to apply sound and proven sales and marketing strategies.
- Proactively contact current, past and potential clients with the aim of maximizing sales potential;
- Combine a hunter and farmer mentality to proactively identify “low-hanging fruit”;
- Provide quotations, and follow up on requests for orders and quotations;
- Develop positive relationships with new and existing clients through professional, enthusiastic and friendly interaction;
- Communicate with clients on a regular basis and ensure all existing contracts are renewed on time;
- Develop a new client base through active prospecting and cold calling;
- Report all findings in CRM software including potential sales, complaints and problems, new product ideas, competitive information, areas for growth and expansion;
- Record all outgoing activity in CRM to form the basis of your opportunity tracking, lead development and subsequent sales;
- Make use of all tools provided to maximize sales potential;
- Collect contact names and information regarding other locations to be passed on to other members of the sales team;
- Actively participate in company sales promotions, attend local trade shows and conferences;
- Assist with other departments or projects as required;
- Provide and complete weekly reports to the Vice President & General Manager by the end of the day each Friday;
- Develop and maintain a good understanding of company products and services;
- Suggest new and better ways to improve systems, procedures, and customer relations.
- Excellent written and oral English and French communication skills;
- Strong desire to find and develop new business;
- Strong sales skills with ability to effectively present proposals and deliver presentations;
- Excellent relationship development skills;
- Resourceful and self-motivated to reach and exceed monthly sales quota;
- Ability to add value by recognizing, understanding and working in the best interest of clients;
- Attention to detail, follow-through and ability to multitask;
- Ability to solve practical problems, applying analytical reasoning;
- Knowledge of IATA, 49CFR, WHMIS, IMO and TDG regulations an asset;
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, ACCPAC and CRM;
- Ability to work effectively when unsupervised as well as in a team environment;
- Ability to project a professional image at all times;
- Must have reliable means of transportation as travel is required;
- Credit card or other means to support travel expenses;
- University/College graduate in business administration an asset.
- Multiple territories and locations
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter including salary requirements. Please email your resume in Word or PDF format to email@example.com. We thank everyone for their interest but only candidates under consideration will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.
ICC Compliance Center is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and work environment. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise of any accommodations that are required. Any information received relating to accommodations will be treated as confidential.
ICC Compliance Center is committed to improving and maintaining excellence in serving all persons including persons with disabilities. Our actions and interactions will be based on the principles of:
- Independence - allowing a person with a disability to do things on their own without unnecessary help, or interference from others;
- Dignity service is provided in a way that allows the person with a disability to maintain self-respect and the respect of other people. Persons with disabilities are not treated as an afterthought or forced to accept lesser service, quality, or convenience;
- Integration service is provided in a way that allows the person with a disability to benefit from the same services, in the same place, and in the same or similar way as other customers, unless an alternate measure is necessary to enable the person to access products or services; and
- Equal opportunity persons with disabilities have an opportunity equal to that given to others to access products or services
We will put policies into practice as required by the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. All staff are trained and know how to communicate with persons with disabilities. Ongoing training will be provided to staff who interact with the public on behalf of ICC Compliance Center.
Persons with disabilities and their service dogs are welcome; however, there may be areas where service animals may not be permitted due to health and safety reasons. Where access may be restricted alternate arrangements will be considered.
Notification will be provided to the public if there is an interruption in ICC Compliance Centers ability to provide service to persons with disabilities. The notification will include the length of disruption, cause, and how persons with disabilities can access our facilities.
ICC Compliance Center is committed to meeting the communication needs of persons with disabilities. When asked, we will provide information and communications materials in accessible formats or with communication supports. This includes publicly available information about our products, services, training, and facilities, as well as publicly available emergency information. We will consult with persons with disabilities to determine their information and communication needs. A copy of ICC Compliance Centers customer service standard is available upon request.
Customers or applicants who wish to provide feedback on the way ICC Compliance Center provides products, services, or training to persons with disabilities, or the AODA may send a confidential email to Access.Ontario@thecompliancecenter.com or call 905-890-7228. A response will be provided within five (5) business days. Alternatively, an appointment can be made with ICC Compliance Centers VP and General Manager.
Download our Feeedback Form »
Download AODA Letter »