A career at ICBC is an opportunity to be part of a talented, diverse and inclusive team that is driven to serve its customers and
community. Make the most of your skills and take the opportunity to grow and develop your career. You can expect a
competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and a challenging work environment. Drive your career with us.
ICBC is committed to being an inclusive employer, one that reflects the diversity of the people and communities of British
Strategic Planning Advisor
Div Planning Advisor Reference Number: 112935
North Vancouver Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Hours of Work:
7.5 hr Day Shift (M-F) Posted Date: 2019/11/13
ICBC's Strategic Planning department has an exciting opportunity available for a seasoned professional with exceptional
business acumen, and strategic thinking and analytical abilities to join the team as a Strategic Planning Advisor.
This opportunity plays a key role in the strategic planning lifecycle from corporate strategy and business strategies to initiative
planning and decision support, enabling successful delivery of business initiatives and change.
Key to this position will be your excellent consulting and advisory experience to senior management as well as your ability to
influence and drive deliverables.
Key responsibilities may also include:
- Delivering corporate-level planning services, including supporting development of the 5 year corporate strategy and annual
- Supporting the prioritization of corporate projects for funding
- Managing reporting on corporate strategy and plan performance
- Leading functional business strategies, including identifying vision & objectives, measures of success, and a supporting
- Providing consultative, advisory and analytical services to support decision-making by identifying & comparing strategic
solutions to business problems and opportunities
- Leading and managing business initiative planning that may include business cases, data & financial analysis, risk
assessments, cost/benefit analysis, and feasibility studies
- Providing broad consulting services to senior management, including writing and developing high impact documents, reports
and presentations for senior executives, board of directors, project sponsors, and business leads
- Building and maintaining relationships with the executive leadership team and senior management
- Strong soft skills including communications, critical thinking, collaboration, listening, influencing, relationship building and
- Knowledge of strategic planning frameworks, methodologies, techniques and tools
- Financial and data acumen, including a working knowledge of practices and techniques of cost benefit analysis and financial
- Knowledge of concepts, principles, standards and practices of project management, change management and management
- Insurance or financial services sector experience an asset
The ideal candidate will hold either an undergraduate degree, a professional designation, an MBA and/or professional
experience as a consultant.