ICBC is committed to delivering consistently high quality customer service to all British Columbians. If you are interested in receiving a competitive salary, doing meaningful work, contributing to an inclusive and respectful workplace and are a responsible and reliable team member, we invite you to apply to join us at ICBC. Drive your career with us.
ICBC is committed to being an inclusive employer, one that reflects the diversity of the people and communities of British Columbia.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Data Architect to join our Information Management Claims and Central Services team and focus on the development of big data reporting and analytics solutions, working closely with business partners and stakeholders to meet their decision-support requirements.
This role will work with the Claims Division to support data analysis and equip the business to make data-driven decisions. We use Scala and SQL to perform Data Preparation and Tableau to create self-service dashboards. The team uses the latest in Big Data technologies such as StreamSets, Hadoop and Spark.
Accountabilities will include:
- Develop database and big data solutions by designing data architectures, including business architecture definition, data storage, data analytics, data transformation, and data access
- Provide delivery leadership in the design, deployment and data conversion of complex enterprise data solutions
- Responsible for creation, comprehensive understanding, maintenance and communication of logical and physical data models
- Work closely with data engineers to design high performing and scalable data solutions
- Support advanced business analytics and statistically-based data analysis projects to drive business value
- Responsible for creation and communication of data architecture standards and best practices, and data movement and mapping design
- Establish and participate in data management processes including data lineage, data profiling, data quality management, data stewardship and governance
- Stay up to date on trends
- Advise team members, business partners and customers from a strategic perspective
To make an immediate contribution, the Senior Data Architect will bring the following must-have skills:
- Minimum 7 years experience architecting, designing, and implementing of data & analytics solutions
- Deep understanding of modern data ingestion, data storage, data processing and data access technologies
- Experience delivering business intelligence or large-scale data warehouses/lakes using techologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Kafka, Microsoft, Oracle, IBM, Tableau, Teradata and/or similar technology
- Experience with Agile/Scrum development methodologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and experience in collaborative environments
- Ability to constructively resolve conflict, manage expectations for competing priorities, and drive towards business goals
Preferred additional skills:
- Experience with modern programming languages like Java, Python, Scala, Ruby, etc
- Experience with on-premise, private and/or hybrid cloud solutions
- Experience in software development within the Insurance industry
Only candidates legally entitled to work in Canada will be considered for this role.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent