ICBC is committed to delivering consistently high quality customer service to all British Columbians. If you are reliable and dependable, we welcome you to make the most of your skills and take the opportunity to join our talented, diverse and inclusive team. You can expect a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and a challenging work environment. Drive your career with us.
The Communications and Community Affairs department has an exciting temporary two-year opportunity for the position of Manager Communications Delivery to lead the media relations, issues management and social media team. This is a senior position within the department and will, at times, require availability outside of normal working hours.
In this role, you will:
- Lead and manage the communications delivery team focused on both proactive and reactive communications.
- Lead the development and implementation of the media relations and social media strategy.
- Lead the development, coordination and delivery of key media messages, materials and timely responses to media enquiries and social media posts.
- On occasion, speak on behalf of the Corporation to media on key corporate issues. * Manage the development and maintenance of relationships with key media reporters, editors and publishers.
- Help manage the corporation's reputation through issues management and lead the daily management of responses to issues impacting the organization.
- Advise, train and provides guidelines for key communicators, executive and people from other parts of the organization, on media relations, social media and issues management activities.
- Provide strategic advice to senior management and business areas to help manage risks and issues.
- Liaise with other members of the Communications team to ensure a common understanding of current issues, activities and key messages.
- You have a background in corporate communications in a large multi-stakeholder organization or an equivalent combination of experience and education (preferably an undergraduate degree in a related field).
- Experience working for a Crown corporation or in a unionized environment, an asset. * You have experience doing work that requires the understanding of complex concepts and procedures.
- You're a team player with excellent organizational skills, strong writing and interpersonal communication skills.
- You're willing to work as hard as the job demands and put in the hours required to ensure your projects are a success.
Other strengths include:
- Knowledge of the principals, concepts, standards and best practices in the communications planning and related functions including stakeholder relations, issues management, media relations and government relations.
- Familiarity with the nature of issues and communication challenges within the Crown Corporation and/or corporate environment.
- Familiarity with the current legislative and regulatory environment, government structure and political relationships and practices.
- Strategic and business planning skills.
- Interpersonal, relationship-building and communication skills.
Only candidates legally entitled to work in Canada at present will be considered for this position.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent