A career at ICBC is an opportunity to be part of a talented, diverse and inclusive team that is driven to serve its customers and
community. Make the most of your skills and take the opportunity to grow and develop your career. You can expect a
competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and a challenging work environment. Drive your career with us.
ICBC is committed to being an inclusive employer, one that reflects the diversity of the people and communities of British
Junior Data Engineer
Developer - Intermediate Reference Number: 112017
North Vancouver Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Hours of Work:
7.5 hr Day Shift (M-F) Posted Date: 2019/01/22
As the consolidation point for all business intelligence and business analytics functions across ICBC, the Information
Management team's goal is to empower the organization to drive efficiencies and savings across all facets of the business. This
is accomplished by providing internal and external customers with precision reporting, query and analysis, statistical, descriptive
analysis, and performance measurement (dashboards, scorecards and indicators).
The Junior Data Engineer will join the Information Management Corporate & Driver Licensing team focused on development of
big data reporting and analytics solutions while working closely within the team and with business partners. The ideal candidate
should have experience in Big Data and applications with proven programming skills.
To make an immediate contribution, you will have the following:
- Development experience in programming languages such as Scala, Java, Python, or C++;
- Working experience with Big Data platform and applications, ideally in Hadoop (HDFS, Hive, SPARK, NoSQL, Apache Drill);
- Hands-on experience with structured and unstructured databases;
- Demonstrated ability to work with large and complex datasets, while managing priorities and responding to time pressures;
- Ability to apply critical thinking skills to troubleshoot and perform root cause analysis on technical problems and solution
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to work effectively with a team or independently, as well as lead small teams as needed;
- Experience and/or understanding of Disciplined Agile Methodologies;
- Experience with reporting and visualization tools, such as Tableau, user interface design, and iterative customer-driven design
processes would be an asset.