A career at ICBC is an opportunity to be part of a talented, diverse and inclusive team that is driven to serve its customers and
community. Make the most of your skills and take the opportunity to grow and develop your career. You can expect a
competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and a challenging work environment. Drive your career with us.
ICBC is committed to being an inclusive employer, one that reflects the diversity of the people and communities of British
Junior Business Systems Analyst
Business Systems Analyst Reference Number: 111855
North Vancouver Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Hours of Work:
7.5 hr Day Shift (M-F) Posted Date: 2018/11/26
The IS Policy & Servicing Support within the Information Services Division is currently looking for a Business Systems Analyst.
The position primarily supports the PolicyCenter application areas that deals with policy issuance, rating and premium, policy
renewals, policy changes etc. The work will be a mix of delivering on sustainment releases, projects and incident management.
The team is a cross functional and works on disciplined agile methodology.
The primary focus of this role will be working on projects or incidents by:
- Participating and applying critical thinking when working with the business stake holders to identify one or more business
needs, eliciting and documenting the requirements that support those business needs
- Presenting recommendations on simple to medium complexity technical or business issues, both orally and in writing, to team
members and client groups
- Translating business requirements into standard BSA deliverables to be consumed by downstream teams such as
development, testing and change management
- Developing business relationships in your area of focus in order to understand customer needs proactively
- Focusing on business goals and priorities to help others take action and deliver results under challenging circumstances.
You will bring to this challenging role the following knowledge, skills and demonstrated experience:
- Previous experience or knowledge in ICBC insurance business process or PolicyCenter
- Ability to participate in business, statistical and process analysis to determine opportunities for improvement, assess risk,
recommend and implement improved methods
- Analytical skills to interpret detailed information in order to determine requirements for simple to medium complexity system
changes within the portfolio
- Ability to consider interdependencies and impacts of decisions; analyses multiple sources of information and perspectives
- Ability to identify root causes of defects/incidents within assigned portfolio and communicate resolutions
- Communication skills to present recommendations on simple to medium complexity technical or business issues, both orally
and in writing, to team members and client groups
The following experience will be considered advantageous:
- Ability to plan and deliver system demo and training
- Basic understanding of concepts and the processes followed for software development and application architecture
- Previous experience on application development technology and environments such as Java and ESB, SoapUI and REST
services, Oracle, and PL/SQL
- Previous experience in application testing activities e.g., test strategy, planning, analyzing test results etc.