We have an opportunity for a Java Developer (Intermediate) to work with our IS Vehicle Reg/Licensing and Support team, supporting our Guidewire PolicyCenter Application. The successful candidate will be responsible for ongoing sustainment and problem solving as well as uncovering fixes and enhancements within PolicyCenter using a mix of technologies including Gosu, Java, Junit and SQL.
Typical responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Problem solving production problems related to Guidewire PolicyCenter
- Coding and unit testing in support of minor enhancements and internal improvement initiatives within PolicyCenter
- Testing and support of infrastructure and Vendor software upgrades and patches that support PolicyCenter
- Working cooperatively with other departments to provide support for PolicyCenter
- Managing multiple concurrent tasks in an environment of changing deadlines, priorities and requirements pertaining to PolicyCenter.
Successful candidates will have:
- Hands on experience with J2EE (Java / WebSphere), Junit, SQL and XML
- Working experience with application debugging techniques and tools, and quality assurance practices relating to software development
- Applied knowledge of Agile Delivery methodology
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Splunk
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and facilitation skills
- A Computer Science degree.
The following experience would be considered a strong asset:
- Experience with PolicyCenter framework and Guidewire APIs
- Knowledge of Guidewire Gosu Scripting or Gosu Studio, AngularJS
- Experience with application system administration and/or application performance tuning
- Knowledge of insurance systems and functionalities such as vehicle registration/licensing, policy issuance and payment/finance.