Fundamental changes have arrived to improve the auto insurance system in B.C. and these new initiatives are key to our success and maybe your success too. ICBC is hiring an Insurance Product Strategy Analyst to be the expert and go-to visionary for product and portfolio development opportunities. You are driven, energetic and have been described as a professional who has the ability to come up with ideas and solutions.
You see the possibilities and jump on opportunities. Always up to date with industry news and trends, you collaborate with Insurance Pricing on the analysis and business decisions regarding rate design, rate determination and risk management.
- Serves as an expert insurance concept developer, maintaining a breadth of knowledge across the insurance value chain - products, pricing, claims, distribution
- Acts as go to person for product development and product management regarding functionality, customer experience and customer value proposition
- Keeps up to date with industry trends
- Oversees customer feedback to identify potential risks and opportunities
- Assists with developing the annual business plan with Manager to set goals, service expectations, market strategy and tracking progress to plan
- Oversees business case development and functionality requirements including the design and testing for new products and product enhancements
- Continuously identifies opportunities to streamline / improve processes
- Collaborates with colleagues to share knowledge and best practices
- Serves as an informal innovative leader, capable of building and maintaining strong and effective relationships as well as affecting change from a position of influence.
- Broad insurance product knowledge, ideally with expertise in auto insurance
- Intellectually curious about finding creative ways to improve and build upon existing portfolios
- Ability to work effectively under pressure adhering to tight deadlines and maintaining strategic relationships with internal partners
- Experience in providing guidance, instruction, direction and leadership to a group of individuals
- Ability to influence decisions leveraging strategic insights based on experience/knowledge of the insurance product and portfolio
- A minimum of three to five years' experience in product, pricing and/or underwriting
- Excellent research skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated history of product marketing and management strategy development and execution
- Superior presentation skills that can wow an audience!
Your experience is supported with a formal business qualification and CIP or equivalent. You bring knowledge of auto insurance products and all underwriting principles and practices, and an understanding of auto insurance markets, competitor products and practices.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent