A career at ICBC is an opportunity to be part of a talented, diverse and inclusive team that is driven to serve its customers and
community. Make the most of your skills and take the opportunity to grow and develop your career. You can expect a
competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and a challenging work environment. Drive your career with us.
ICBC is committed to being an inclusive employer, one that reflects the diversity of the people and communities of British
Bus Insights Analyst I Reference Number: 111988
North Vancouver Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Hours of Work:
7.5 hr Day Shift (M-F) Posted Date: 2019/01/08
As one of the consolidation points for business intelligence and business analytics functions across ICBC, the Information
Management team's goal is to empower the organization to drive efficiencies and savings across all facets of the business. This
is accomplished by providing internal and external customers with data, precision reporting, query and analysis, and
performance measurement (dashboards, scorecards and indicators).
The Business Insights Analyst I will join the Information Management Claims team focused on development of reporting and
data solutions, working within team and with business partners to meet prioritized data requirements. The ideal candidate should
have experience or education in Big Data concepts and application while bringing a proven programming skillset:
- Working in collaboration with customers across the organization to plan, scope, execute and sustain reporting and data
solutions for Claims.
- Ability to extract business required data using Spark/Scala
- Responding to a variety of internal and external reporting requests, reviewing and clarifying data requirements / data
availability and effort to respond, while ensuring guidelines to safeguard privacy and competitive concerns are followed;
- Developing report layout and format, and clearly / concisely presenting analysis, findings and reporting solutions for both
internal and external reporting within prescribed timeframes;
- Participating in various corporate data user teams by developing data validation and testing plans, as well as performing user
acceptance testing and providing feedback to development and maintenance teams.
To make an immediate contribution, the Business Insights Analyst I will bring the following:
- Experience in programming languages such as C++, Scala, Java, Python;
- Experience/Understanding of Big data tools such as Spark, Apache Drill, Hadoop
- Demonstrated ability to work with datasets, while managing priorities and responding to time pressures;
- Detail-oriented with demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and work effectively and accurately under pressure and within an
- Demonstrated ability to interact and work with individuals from a variety of backgrounds and at different levels within the
organization, and build strong relationships;
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, along with the ability to translate technical information into
- A positive 'can-do' attitude; and
- Ability to work effectively within a team or independently.
- Experience and/or understanding of Disciplined Agile Methodologies.
- Understanding of the concepts of the ICBC Hadoop platform and how data is transformed for business consumption.
A degree related to Data Engineering is desirable.