A career at ICBC is an opportunity to be part of a talented, diverse and inclusive team that is driven to serve its customers and
community. Make the most of your skills and take the opportunity to grow and develop your career. You can expect a
competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and a challenging work environment. Drive your career with us.
ICBC is committed to being an inclusive employer, one that reflects the diversity of the people and communities of British
Associate Database Administrator - Oracle & SQL Server
Assoc Database Admin Reference Number: 112227
North Vancouver Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Hours of Work:
7.5 hr Day Shift (M-F) Posted Date: 2019/03/26
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the Database Administration team. As a technician, you will display your skills in
supporting and maintaining the Oracle and SQL Server database platforms in an enterprise environment.
The Oracle and SQL Server Associate Database Administrator works with infrastructure technical operations and application
teams to provide continuously optimal performing database platforms running mission critical applications. The focus of this
position is operational and project support of both Oracle and SQL Server Database platforms, working with other DBAs, core
infrastructure, enterprise platform and application teams.
Typical responsibilities in this role include:
- Database Administration roles include the installation, configuration, and patching of the company's Oracle and SQL Server
database platforms. Implement and maintain database security to ensure the highest standards to availability, resilience,
compliance, integrity and performance across the company's internal system;
- Implement and maintain highly available systems, setting policies, and procedures for disaster recovery and data archiving to
ensure effective protection and integrity of data assets;
- Work as a DBA consultant to provide subject matter expertise and procedural information on Oracle and SQL Server database
performance and capacity, security, and database infrastructure setups;
- Provide consultation, estimation, database design options based on business requirements, and assess technical feasibility
and creating the solution;
- Manage database use and licensing ensuring compliance;
- Conduct research and make recommendations on database products, services, protocols, and standards in support of
procurement and development efforts.
To make an immediate contribution in this role, you will bring:
- A University degree in Computer Sciences, Information Technology, Engineering or any other relevant field;
- A minimum of three plus (3+) years of experience as a database administrator with Oracle and SQL Server platforms in a mid
to large size enterprise environment. Having DB2 LUW, MySQL DBA experience would be an asset;
- Demonstrated Oracle and SQL Server technical skills, including good knowledge of backup, recovery, maintenance, and
support of highly availability technologies for all enterprise databases;
- Good knowledge of database monitoring/system management methods;
- Ability to lead technical projects with demonstration of sound organization and planning skills;
- Ability to collaborate and consult with various IS colleagues, management, business areas, and vendors is required in support
of cross-workgroup initiatives;
- Proven experience with one or more of the following Operating Systems - SuSe Linux, Redhat Linux, Windows, and Solaris
would be an asset;
- Knowledge of current data management and analytics trends like Big Data, Hadoop framework and solution would be an asset;
- Good communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate must meet the Canadian Border Service security clearance requirements
of the Enhanced Driver License Program.
Only candidates legally entitled to work in Canada at present will be considered for this position.