* Begin Designs from concepts and produce full assemblies and working models to assist in preliminary design concepts as well as final design
* For projects assigned, prepare engineering designs, 3D models, drawings and related technical information in support of the project.
* Releasing engineering designs, 3D models, drawings and related technical information through SolidWorks PDM system and ensuring it is correctly released
* Check and verify own and peer design drawings to conform to ICARUS specification standards
* Work closely with Delegation Authority Representative to ensure projects meet the Airworthiness requirements for certification.
* Write technical reports related to certification of designs such as ICA, MDL, FMS, Maintenance Instructions etc...
* Assist with Structural analysis / or complete full structural analysis independently
* Working closely with the Program Manager, lead assigned projects through the defined Project Management workflows, taking accountability for Schedules, Costs and Scope.
* Communicate with manufacturing and operations personnel to resolve manufacturing related issues
* Understand and help to develop company design standards whether written or within the historical custom
* Understanding of materials, and material characteristics
* Understanding and experience with manufacturing shops; machine shops, composite, etc. (an Asset)
- Communicate closely with the Director of Engineering to determine workload, availability
- Share applicable technical knowledge to improve all ICARUS Design & Engineering projects and further the knowledge and understanding of mechanical design within the company
- Contribute to a positive and collaborative office atmosphere through shared respect, teamwork and philosophy
- Perform technical duties as described above and within the 'Technical Skill Scope'
- Understand and comply with ICARUS safety rules and regulations. Conduct work in a safe and effective manner and encourage others to do so
- Other duties as may be assigned
- Degree in Aerospace / Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution
- Knowledge gained through working experience of applicable Canadian Airworthiness requirements, experience working directly with certification authorities
- Experience with Aviation / Aerospace applications an asset
- P. Eng. or working towards P. Eng.
- Masters or other Post-Secondary education an asset
Technical Capabilities / Skills Scope
- Demonstrated experience with drawing standards, GD&T, and annotations
- CAD Software experience; SOLIDWORKS, AUTOCAD, other.
- Experience leading projects to completion and working with program management concepts and software (i.e. Microsoft Project) would be considered an asset
- Working knowledge of computer office programs (Word, Excel, etc....)
- Macro writing to assist in day to day analysis and technical writing
- Assist in working with vendors and shops; machine shops, composite shops, supply shops etc. to ensure manufacturing process is completed within schedule and completed to company standards
- Capable to complete structural analysis in an independent environment;
- Perform classical structural analysis on aircraft modifications
- Participate in developing means and methods of compliance for structural requirements outlined in the basis of certification
- Perform classical structural analysis and simplified FEA for aircraft modifications using classical methods (Bruhn, Roark, etc.) and Cosmos FEA software
- Perform fatigue and damage tolerance analysis for aircraft modifications using S-N curves and crack propagation models in AFGROW, to determine replacement intervals or initial and repeat inspection intervals
- Prepare Load and Stress Reports for submission to TCCA
- Prepare Fatigue and DTA Reports for review and acceptance by TCCA
- Prepare Maintenance Manual Supplements and ICAs for review and acceptance/approval by TCCA, including maintenance procedures and AWLs
- Participate in preparing Flight Manual Supplements
- Perform aircraft utilization analysis in support of continued airworthiness requirements
- 5 plus years in Aviation design
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 /year
- Design: 3 years (Required)
- Solidworks: 3 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- Bracebridge, ON (Preferred)