Icahn Automotive Group LLC (Icahn Automotive) was formed by its parent, Icahn Enterprises L.P. (NASDAQ: IEP), to invest in and operate businesses involved in aftermarket parts distribution and service. Our businesses have a singular focus: provide premium automotive parts and services at a great value. The businesses of Icahn Automotive today consist of Pep Boys(r) automotive aftermarket retail and service chain, Auto Plus(r) automotive aftermarket parts distributor, Precision Tune Auto Care(r) owned and franchised automotive service centers, and AAMCO Total Auto Care franchised service centers. The businesses of Icahn Automotive total over 22,000 employees, over 2,000 company-owned and franchise locations and 25 distribution centers throughout the US, Canada, and Puerto Rico.
Responsible for providing superior customer service through safe, effective, and timely delivery of parts and tires to all commercial customers. Responsible for safely operating a delivery truck of less than three (3) tons and ensuring the delivery load is stacked, padded, and properly secured. This position will be expected to perform additional related job responsibilities as needed and assigned, such as assisting in store operational activities when deliveries are not being made. This position has been designated as a safety-sensitive position.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for all aspects of properly operating and maintaining the commercial delivery truck. This includes obeying all state, county, and local laws; reporting accidents, incidents and/or violations or traffic citations.
- Ensure all delivery loads are stacked, padded, and properly secured.
- Verify the load accuracy against the Bill of Lading and acquires the appropriate signatures. Writes customer orders and provides instruction when necessary.
- Load and unload product on the delivery truck by hand, hand truck, or dolly.
- Expected to collect cash and checks from commercial customers. Follows all policies and procedures related to cash, credit, check, refund and return policies.
- Provide important information to the Commercial Sales Specialist regarding competitor promotions, pricing, and feedback you receive from current commercial customers.
- Effectively communicate with all store associates, management, and customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Valid driver's license without any DUI's.
- Successful completion of drug and background tests.
- Ability to read instructions, policies, procedures, bills of lading, and product descriptions and complete forms (write)
- Must have basic knowledge and understanding of mathematical concepts such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, and fractions.
- Ability to apply mathematical formulas to calculate commissions and discounts.
- Must be able to work days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to lift, carry, and place merchandise and supplies up to 100 pounds without assistance.
- Frequent standing and walking for long periods of time.
- Frequent reaching overhead and below the knees, including squatting, bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting.
- Climb up and down ladders to retrieve and stock merchandise.
- Communicate effectively in person, by telephone, or by using telecommunications equipment.
- Enters and locates information on computer.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled