The Business Development Manager (BDM) will establish the presence of IC Savings in a designated target market, through the development of broker relationships in the specified region. The task will include cultivating new and existing relationships to maximize long-term broker relationships for IC Savings. Working closely with management, the BDM will adapt the company's business practices to meet sales targets.
The BDM will be highly knowledgeable about IC Savings' products in order to generate prospective deals, and have a solid understanding of the company's business plan, underwriting standards and processes, to ensure proper requirements are met for submissions. The BDM will also ensure applications are of quality and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
A competitive salary, performance bonus and an attractive benefits package await the right candidate.
The BDM will work the region of Lower Simcoe County, which includes Innisfil, Town of New Tecumseth, Georgina, Barrie, Wasaga and Collingwood and other communities in the region.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop a strategy to effectively prospect territory for new business and maximize existing relationships.
- Manage the referral sources/mortgages brokers to ensure applications fall within the targeted risk area.
- Ensure funding is at the level required to meet or exceed targets.
- Work independently in a home-based office environment.
- Travel effectively within a designated region, ensuring appropriate sales opportunities and presence in the broker community.
- Analyze business opportunities and create plans to maintain continuity and set sales objectives, by identifying, developing and maintaining relationships with mortgage brokers. This would include developing and maintaining an effective call program.
- Work effectively with senior management and support staff to ensure referral sources/mortgage brokers receive a high level of service.
- Represent IC Savings in the community, by participating in various associations and attending trade shows and seminars.
- Stay abreast of all related industry issues and ensure the unit remains current on all relevant industry issues.
- Assist with the development of product enhancements as required.
- Provide market intelligence related to real estate lending risk in target lending markets.
- Evaluate and recommend mortgage applications by assessing a customer's credit history, collateral and income, or ability to pay within established guidelines, or by modifying the application parameters appropriately.
- Maintain consistent, objective and sound risk assessments.
- Achieve set volume targets.
Skill and Knowledge Requirements
- Self-starter, self-motivated, sales-driven, creative and entrepreneurial, with solid interpersonal and communication skills.
- Minimum two to five years as a BDM or related position in the broker community.
- Completion of post-secondary education, ideally with a focus on business, commerce or economic, or equivalent work experience; completion of relevant mortgage/underwriting courses/education preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of the local broker and real estate markets.
- Full understanding of all aspects of residential mortgage products.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; strong focus on customer service excellence, attention to detail and sense of urgency.
- Proven experience in marketing, sales and business development, with a good grasp of risk and marketing principles.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English; excellent business and phone etiquette.
- High degree of numerical competency.
- Strong computer skills in Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Valid driver's licence and an excellent driving record.
Access to a reliable vehicle and a home-based office are essential.
Working Conditions/Physical Effort
- Standard corporate business hours based on a 37.5-hour work week; ability to work extended hours if required.
- Combination of walking, sitting, standing; considerable use of phone.
- Driving, using own vehicle, to develop business in the assigned region and/or attend various company seminars, meetings, trade shows, events, etc.
- Flexibility to accommodate overnight travel within region (up to 25% of time).
- Ability to move items (e.g., file boxes, marketing materials) up to 25-30 pounds in weight.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants are invited to forward their resume by end of business day February 4, 2019 specifying "Business Development Manager - Lower Simcoe County" in the subject line. All submissions to IC Savings are confidential.
IC Savings is committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements please advise Human Resources during the recruitment process.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
About IC Savings
IC Savings has been Ontario's fastest-growing credit union since its inception in 2000. As a co-operatively-owned, community banking institution, our more than 13,000 members (clients) are at the centre of everything we do. With operating principles built on transparency, local engagement and dynamic innovation, we pride ourselves in the profitability and value we create with a consistent, disciplined approach to lending and investment. At IC Savings, we also believe that our profits should have a higher purpose. Not only are they returned to our members in the form of great rates and exceptional service, they are also invested in the communities where we live and work. Because we believe in doing good, and not just doing well, we're proud to make real and lasting impacts through the activities of our credit union and our foundation. Learn more at www.icsavings.ca.
Job Type: Full-time
- residential lending business development: 2 years (Required)
- driver's license with excellent driving record and a car (Required)