Who are we?
IC Savings has grown into one of Ontario's most trusted and well-established credit unions. Our goal is to help our members achieve financial independence. We believe in investing in our communities, both financially and by being actively involved.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for bright and detailed individual to join our team who will take responsibility for defined functions within our finance department as follows:
- Assist in opening accounts for Deposit Broker GICs and perform other related functions.
- Update daily foreign exchange rates in the system.
- Perform daily ATM balancing and post entries in the system.
- Keep the payables and clearing filings up-to-date.
- Prepare monthly GIC maturity and interest report.
- Prepare monthly overdraft and new accounts / closed account reports.
- Prepare and mail assigned payable cheques.
- Help in testing the reports from the new banking system.
- Perform administrative duties such as: back up morning reports, organize quarterly loans spreadsheet, answer and re-direct phone calls, file, and perform other duties as assigned.
Factors that will contribute to your success
- Completion of post-secondary education with focus on accounting, finance, business or similar discipline, or equivalent combination of education and/or work experience.
- 1-2 years of work experience in the junior accounting role.
- Very good organizational, priority setting, follow up and follow through skills; excellent customer service skills and phone etiquette.
- Good aptitude for math and excellent attention to detail.
- Strong sense of urgency; must demonstrate high level of maturity and professionalism at all times.
- Strong work ethic with sense of responsibility, ownership and accountability and ability to meet assigned deadlines.
- Good English communication skills, written and oral.
- Good interpersonal and conflict management skills with high level of professionalism, diplomacy, patience and sound judgment.
- Proficiency in MS Office at basic-intermediate level (Excel, Word, Outlook). Knowledge of DNA and/or Infonancial banking systems preferred. Ability to quickly learn other software(s) to perform job functions.
- Proven track record of team work and collaboration with multiple stake-holders.
- Professional, team oriented, office environment.
- Standard corporate business hours based on 37.5 hour work week: Mon - Wed from 9:00 am - 5:00 pm, Thu - Fri from 9:00 am - 6:00 pm; ability to work overtime, if required.
- The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by being able to successfully perform the essential functions of the job; these include, but are not limited to: sitting, considerable use of computer and phone, seldom moving of items up to 25 pounds in weight.
How to apply
If you think you have what it takes to be a successful member of our team, please forward your resume by email by April 28, 2019 in the subject line, please specify "Accounting Administrator."
At IC Savings, we are committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise us during the recruitment process. All submissions are confidential.
For more information about our organization and the products and services offered to our members, please visit www.icsavings.ca.
We thank you in advance for taking the time to review our posting. If you have been selected for an interview, we will be in touch.
Job Type: Contract
- junior accounting: 1 year (Required)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Required)
- Etobicoke, ON (Preferred)