We are currently recruiting for an Construction Sales/Estimator for our New York location
This role requires a unique blend of skills; the ideal candidate must have proven problem solving and time management skills. The successfully candidate must be able to read and interpret blueprints, drawings and specifications, provide economic feasibility studies and preliminary estimates for proposed projects.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read and comprehend contract specifications and drawings, assess project risks.
- Perform accurate detailed take off of quantities from drawings utilizing take off software.
- Calculate labor, equipment and materials costs required for detailed cost estimate.
- Communicate and solicit pricing from suppliers and subcontractors as required for bidding. Prepare bid packages. Compare and analyze competitive subcontractor and supplier bids
- Create demand for the company's service offerings with potential and existing clients.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders.
- Contribute continued development and refinement of all marketing materials - brand positioning, capabilities presentations, website, social channels, etc.
- Meet or exceed monthly, quarterly, and yearly revenue/margin objectives.
- Maintain high qualitative and quantitative standards of work performance
- Perform other functions as required.
- Provide pre-bid cost budgets.
- Work with project management staff with both bid hand-off and ongoing construction change order costing.
- Develop progress schedules associated with bid activities.
- Analysis job cost information.
- Attend industry and client meetings and visit job sites.
Job Type: Full-time
- Sales: 3 years (Preferred)
- Business Development: 3 years (Preferred)