IBM is the world's leading provider of enterprise risk solutions. Financial organizations from around the world use IBM Risk Analytics' software and services to help them make risk-aware business decisions, maximize shareholder value, and meet regulatory requirements. Supported by a global team of risk experts based in all major financial centres, IBM Algorithmics offers proven, award-winning solutions for market, credit and capital management.
The pre-sales team within IBM Financial Risk Analytics delivers high-quality solution design, sales support and sales presentation of the architecture for market-leading risk management solutions to financial institutions.
The main focus of this role is to articulate the key messages of Financial Risk management and how IBM Risk Analytics provides coverage across many of our solutions. Specifically, given the ongoing expansion of regulations and market trends in the measurement and management of Enterprise Risk, the focus for our clients is to enhance their risk data, analytics and aggregation in a flexible reporting interface that can meet the business requirements of the financial organization.
As a technical pre-sales consultant with Financial Risk Analytics, the individual will contribute directly to delivering quality proposals, documentation and presentations to prospects in financial institutions.
- Key to this role is the ability to articulate the business benefits of IBM solutions at a technological level, explain benefits, identify issues and display a thorough level of knowledge to help sell the solutions.
Candidate should have knowledge in the area of Enterprise Risk, with general understanding of how various risk systems are deployed and utilized within large financial institutions (e.g., across banking book, trading book, regulations, organizational units such as Treasury or Wealth Management) and specific understanding of risk infrastructure in at least one risk area of a financial institution.
Candidate should be familiar with key concepts in the Financial Risk domain, including use and importance of data, scenario construction, assets simulation, aggregation and reporting analytics.
Candidate should be familiar with the range of regulations in the Financial Risk domain, in order to articulate common aspects across regulations where IBM solutions can be leveraged (e.g., Scenario Construction, Aggregation)
- Candidate should be capable of presenting IBM Financial Risk solutions beyond the core risk domain while still within the financial domain. For example, application of scenario construction in the wealth business, application of aggregation capabilities.
Present technical experience and knowledge of risk systems, with a focus around Reporting tools, aggregation technology, Data Warehouses/Data Marts/Data Lakes and Data Governance.
The candidate should be a confident and articulate individual who can engage with all levels of client representatives.
Assist the technical delivery of sales engagements and effective progression of the pre-sales process.
- Responding to requests for proposals, outlining IBM Risk Analytics solutions, and owning the relationship with key client personnel.
Work closely with the sales team to meet and exceed revenue targets. Dealing with prospect's requirements to qualify opportunities and agree on content/delivery
- Capturing customer requirements, advising and assisting implementation teams in the provision of design and client requirements
Willingness and ability to travel is a strong requirement.
Ability to speak and write in foreign languages desirable
**this role will be based out of our 185 Spadina Ave, Toronto office but will have significant international travel (50-60%)**
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Competent in delivering presentations and participation in client workshops and proof of concepts. Strong communication skills essential.
Experience in the financial risk industry, specifically with a technological understanding of financial institution's architecture.
- Knowledge of OLAP tools, reporting capabilities of BI tools, and in-memory aggregation stores.
Strong commercial awareness, excellent client facing and interpersonal skills.
- Investigating of new technologies and possibilities with existing solutions is greatly desired.
Desirable to have pre-sales experience, specifically related to technology sales, or sales in the financial market.
- Fluency in a number of languages (written and spoken) as well as English is desirable.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.