At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a strategic part of the IBM Sterling brand, the IBM Order Management portfolio continues to expand, with a focus on a growing SaaS portfolio. To support an expanding client base, and an exciting product roadmap , we are seeking highly skilled and motivated Order Management Support Professional to help us leads our clients to success!
- Own the ongoing relationship with clients while providing deep technical support assistance to customers using problem determination / problem source identification skills
- Focus on Technical Support for the IBM Order Management SaaS portfolio, troubleshooting issues on the core Sterling Order Management platform, as well as SaaS/Cloud operations
- Build deep technical skills in emerging Cloud platform and technologies including Docker and Kubernetes, while debugging a vast collection of modern microservices within the new Order Management SaaS platform
- Continuously improve application-level monitoring, alerting, and runbooks to deliver a proactive model for SaaS Support while minimizing time to detect and mitigate production issues relating to performance, stability, application exceptions
- Develop internal problem determination tooling, deliver of virtual webcasts to a worldwide customer base, contribute external articles on product knowledge, troubleshooting, and problem avoidance.
- Collaborate closely with L3 Support, SaaS Operations/DevOps, Engineering teams to triage issues, and drive quality, scalability, and serviceability into our offerings.
Candidate should possess the following attributes:
- Organizational, time-management, and multi-tasking skills
- Interpersonal, written and oral communication, and collaboration skills
- Self-starter and ability to show initiative
- Willingness to get very deep into challenging technical issues
- Ability to quickly learn new skills and technologies regularly
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Must be legally eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience triaging of Java / J2EE stack performance/connectivity issues, including WAS/Liberty, database (DB2/Oracle), MQ server
- Experience navigating and collaborating within Cloud environments leveraging Docker containerization and other SaaS components
- Database administration skills and an applied understanding of SQL
- applied knowledge of Agile principles and practices
- Proven oral/written communication and organizational skills
- Proven ability to be self-motivated and demonstrated initiative
- ability to multi-task and re-prioritize under pressure
- Interest to be in a client-facing role, working with leading edge technology and commercial Supply Chain and e-Commerce vendors
About Business Unit
- 3+years of applied experience in IBM SaaS operations
- 3+years of applied functional or performance debugging of IBM MQ
- 3+years of applied performance debugging of Database (DB2 preferred),
- 3+years of applied performance debugging of WebSphere Application Server, WAS Liberty
- 3+years of experience using Docker, Kubernetes, Urban Code Deploy, New Relic, or equivalent
- 3+years of understanding of the Supply Chain and Order Management and Fulfillment concepts
At IBM Cognitive Applications, we build open applications that unlock the power of data for clients, partners, and developers. Running on top of IBM's unique Hybrid, Multi-cloud and AI infrastructures, these applications work across horizontal domains and bring our technology to life for end users. Cognitive Applications unit includes: Watson Customer Engagement, Watson IoT, Watson Media and Weather, Talent & Collaboration, Digital Growth & Commerce, and IBM Developer teams.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by Export Regulations sanctions. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following US sanctioned countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.