Ready to join the most enduring technology brand – the granddaddy of all start-ups? Want to drive real impact to the business and innovate on how we think about, plan and create client experiences. Join IBM Systems as our Senior Manager, Event Marketing.
In this leadership role you will be responsible for planning, creating, and managing the worldwide event strategy with the responsibility to grow IBM Systems awareness, pipeline and revenue. The position is accountable to conceive and execute customer-specific penetration strategies and marketing programs both from a worldwide level and working with global markets including proprietary corporate events, conferences and roadshows as well as 3rd party events, conferences and trade shows.
Key Attributes Required
1. Change Agency – The ability to assess and challenge the status quo and persuasively position innovative ideas and approaches.
2. Analytical and Sales Acumen – The capability to manage the analytical demands of revenue generation from IBM Systems participation in owned and third party shows and events.
3. Storyteller – The ability to differentiate our offerings through compelling stories by creating engaging client experience that are consistently demonstrated through our events design, creative and content.
4. Challenger mentality – demonstrates a competitive spirit that is not easily discouraged or daunted. Does not give up easily and finds effective ways to surmount obstacles and navigate inter- departmental and global dynamics.
5. Problem-solving - The ability to diagnose challenges and develop and execute plans that advance toward a desired state.
1. Multi-channel marketing – Deep digital and face to face marketing skills to successfully own and drive the global event strategy and execution to the achievement of desired results.
2. Customer first mentality – The desire and ability to create, lead and implement event experiences that engage clients and prospects, increases sales pipeline and create advocates.
3. Relationship/Partner Building - The ability to establish credibility and engagement leading to a desire by customers and internal contacts to pursue long-term, mutually supportive relationships.
4. Financial Analysis - The ability to understand and analyze IBM Systems event financial statements to drive profitable growth. Create and manage budgets for multiple concurring events and shows.
5. Competitive Positioning - The ability to position IBM Systems offerings and capabilities in a competitively advantageous light and market them through our events.
6. Administration and Reporting - The ability to efficiently manage the administrative and compliance requirements of the role and develop and complete timely, accurate reports as required by management.
7. Persuasion - The ability to shape how others perceive situations and induce a desired response.
8. Team Orientation - Willingness and ability to work in close collaboration with others to reach goals, and subordinate personnel agendas and recognize team performance.
Create and own the global event strategy with accountability for results and outcomes.
Consult, plan, manage and execute internal and external events (both face to face and virtual), roadshows and product launches with both the worldwide team and geo marketing teams.
Work with internal stakeholders to develop comprehensive event strategies and associated metrics that drive to performance based outcomes.
Assist in the development and execution of the IBM Systems stories through key event touchpoints and associated digital channels to provide and integrated, relevant and compelling onsite as well as pre- and post-event experiences.
Drive the assessment, coordination and execution of the IBM Systems participation in tradeshows, corporate sponsorships and conferences aligned to the IBM corporate brand strategy.
Provide direction in the selection and coordination of services for events including facilities, registration, accommodations, transportation, catering, signage, décor, theming, etc
Internally communicate marketing activities to the organization.
Manage agency relationships and contracts as well as outsourced vendors to budget and deliverables.
Reduce and refine processes internally.
Establish and maintain effective communications with other IBM employees.
Evaluate internal capacity to manage projects/initiatives.
Maintain safeguards to ensure the confidentiality of IBM information.
Other Skills Required
1. Microsoft Office expertise required, including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
2. Ability and willingness to work flexible hours, including some weekends.
3. Ability and willingness to travel up to 40%.
4. Strong oral and written communications skills at all organizational levels.
5. Proficiency in conducting effective meetings and making concise presentations. Agile marketing experience is a plus.
6. Strong negotiating, interpersonal and organizational skills with high attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
7. Demonstrates effective project management skills with the ability for prioritization to achieve and meet goals/deadlines.
8. Demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively and maintain positive relationships with a broad audience of internal and external stakeholders including executives.
9. Demonstrate the ability to present material in a polished and articulate manner with strong presentation skills.
10. Demonstrate strong and effective negotiation skills
11. Proficient in event marketing best practices
Position is located in NY, NY
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Minimum eight (8) years of experience in marketing communication with a specific focus in corporate event and multi-channel marketing.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.