Quant Traders are responsible for managing trading systems in real time and applying risk management in proprietary trading strategies. This role also includes monitoring and maintaining our robust trading system, optimizing the firm's trading, as well as handling risk and trade reconciliations. Working in close collaboration with fellow algo developers and core developers, you will research, develop, test, and deploy novel order execution and model training methods to increase trading efficiency.
- Ability to work creatively and independently on long-term technical problems
- Detail oriented and reliable
- Familiarity with python or a scripting language
- Interest or knowledge in the financial markets
- Strong communication
- You possess a bachelor's degree in Math, Computer Science, Statistics, Physics, Engineering, Computational Finance (or equivalent)
- Exceptional academic credentials
- You are capable of working independently as well as part of a team
- You are interested in financial markets
- You learn quickly and apply new skills effectively
- You prioritize and you are proactive
- You enjoy watching the markets in real-time
- Exceptional attention to detail and desire to understand issues deeply
- Outstanding work ethic and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- You have 1-3 years of experience in a related field
- Oversee HRT's robust, algorithmic-based trading systems in real time, applying risk management principles in the design and implementation of new and proprietary quantitative trading strategies, as well as the optimization of existing strategies.
- Conduct statistical analysis, deriving practical insights to optimize risk allocations.
- Build statistical models to improve trading execution, including through the research, development and quantitative testing of novel order execution models.
- Develop tools to facilitate trading operations, and apply computational methods to optimize existing trading strategies.
- Increase efficiency and enhance the firm's trading activities by reviewing and analyzing statistical information and handling our risk and trade reconciliations.
- Please note: This role requires some coverage of live trading
Hudson River Trading (HRT) brings a scientific approach to trading financial products. We have built one of the world's most sophisticated computing environments for research and development. Our researchers are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading.
At HRT we come from all sorts of backgrounds:
mathematics, computer science, statistics, physics, and engineering. We're a community of self-starters who are motivated by the excitement of being at the cutting edge of automated trading. Our culture celebrates great ideas whether they come from HRT veterans or new hires. At HRT we're friends and colleagues, whether we are sharing a meal, playing the latest board game, or writing elegant code. We embrace a culture of togetherness that extends far beyond the walls of our office.
Seem like something you might be interested in? Our goal is to find the best people and bring them together to do great work in a place where everyone is valued. HRT is proud of our diverse staff; we have offices all over the globe and benefit from our varied and unique perspectives. HRT is an equal opportunity employer; so whoever you are we'd love to get to know you.