ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Pull inspiration from across various mediums for seasonal kick off meetings.
- Assist in putting together presentation and mood boards.
- Shop the market at competitive and aspirational price points to stay current with wash/color, silhouette, techniques/embellishments and fabrications relative to our target customer.
- Collaborate with merchandising and wash teams to insure a concise and cohesive line that hits our price points while maintaining freshness.
- Create sketches and pulling patterns for pattern requests/cut tickets. Work with patterning on any fit and constructional questions.
- Create and maintain design working linesheets
- Work with the wash team to develop new washes
- Work with imports team to ensure they have completed tech packs for all newly adopted styles including sew bys and wash standards
- Coordinate with vendors on the developing, sourcing, counter-sourcing and purchasing of fabrics/trims/embellishments for the rush and dupe sets.
- Trim purchasing for the in house trim room, rush set and dupes.
- Gather all pertinent information needed to adopt new trims into our system for production orders.
- Manage development samples and seasonal photo shoot rush samples through the various phases of sampling.
- Work with production and costing team to make sure they have all the information they need for costing new bodies
- Work with sewing team on any constructional issues
- Work with tech designers to make sure tech packs have correct construction and pull thread colors for over dyes
- Create a seasonal wash picture library for all new development before adoption
- Work closely with the various departments to make sure a cohesive work-flow exists while still hitting our deadlines on all development samples.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of 3 years experience and exposure to denim design.
- Strong sense and passion for denim with solid understanding of fabrics, finishes, details, trims, fit and construction.
- Knowledge with the following programs: adobe photo shop, adobe illustrator, full circle, trello, indesign, microsoft outlook, microsoft excel.
- Strong creative, organizational and communication skills (written and verbal).
Salary: pay commensurate with experience.
Benefits: extremely competitive benefits package.
Hudson does not discriminate in practices or employment opportunities on the basis of an individual's race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other proscribed category set forth in federal, state or local regulations.
Hudson is an at-will employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- Denim Design: 3 years (Preferred)