Huawei’s Vancouver Research Center is responsible for advanced technology research, architecture design and strategic technical planning. Our Big Data Threat Analysis Team is involved in research and prototyping of novel security solutions aimed at protecting our corporate customers from cyber-threats. Our team is small and agile with academic and industrial experience in security, machine learning and operations.
- Setup and maintain network security appliance including NGFW, IPS (Intrusion Prevention System), Sandbox, etc.
- Review, develop, apply and test new ideas into existing security products.
- Troubleshoot bugs from kernel level to application layer within existing security products.
- Collaboration on configuration and management of on-premise and cloud infrastructure.
- 5+ year’s kernel development in a UNIX-like Operating System.
- A keen understanding of programming on multi-core and multi-processor platforms.
- Significant experience implementing of modifying networking internals code including the IP stack, Routing, Sockets API, network security, link load balancing, packet filters, etc.
- Excellent understanding of the UNIX programming environment, run-time libraries and system calls.
- Amazing troubleshooting/debugging skills.
- A successful applicant is self-motivated, able to communicate well in person, in writing and on the phone.
- Experience with NGFW, IPS, Sandbox, DDOS, WAF, Honeypot, APT (ATP), Big Data Security, Security Analytics, IAM, UEBA, SIEM and SOC is the best match but not must.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken).