Associate Director of Marketing
Do you share Hornblower Classic Cable Car’s passion for providing amazing experiences? If you’re an enthusiastic team player who thrives in an environment where communication, creativity, and cooperation are encouraged, this may just be the opportunity for you.
The GLA/OC Assoc. Director of Marketing will manage all aspects of local promotions, plus Radio, TV & Print media placements, local PR management and writing, marketing budget development & management, and trade show participation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assistant GM & DOS with achieving Port Revenue Plan
- Guardian the Hornblower Cruises & Events Brand in all marketing activities.
- Develop Annual Marketing Plan and Budget in collaboration with GM and DOS.
- Manage Marketing staff.
- Oversee that all GLA/OC correspondence is professional, accurate & positively represents HCE.
- Negotiate all port advertising contracts for best advantage using trade wherever possible
- Oversee and coordinate all port advertising, marketing collateral and press releases in the development, editing and approval including marketing signage and displays.
- Create and oversee port advertising strategy
- Assess all marketing promotional opportunities and coordinate all promotional events
- Develop professional positive relationships with GLA/OC media contacts, including updating local press and media lists
- Create and update Competitive analysis
- Assist Corporate when requested on special projects or bids as assigned by Director of Corporate Marketing.
- Attend and actively participate in all appropriate meetings including Port Senior Manager Meetings and Sales Meeting.
- Manage all web site content ensuring accuracy
- Manage all marketing trade accounts
- TV and photo shoot project development & coordination
- Create, negotiate, and coordinate all Promotional Events with radio stations & other media.
- Work in collaboration with Corporate Marketing to develop and implement social media Plan
- Seek out and prepare applications for port awards such as HSMA, Finest Service, Best of’s
- Seek out and submit copy and events on relevant web sites
- Assist DOS in writing descriptive charter package copy
- Assist DOS in the coordination of collateral material for trade show events AA. Provide accurate and detailed reporting on promotional events
- Manage all clipping of HCE & distributing applicable industry articles
- Marketing degree
- 3-5 years experience in field of marketing
- B-to-B and B-to-C experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word and Excel
- Over three years of senior Marketing Management, preferably in the Hospitality/Events industry.
- Minimum High School diploma
- Ability to communicate clearly in English to all levels of personnel.
- Ability to do basic mathematical calculations including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, and percentages.
- Ability to create and analyze a budget spreadsheet.
- Ability to analyze and compare information
- Ability to reason logically
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Ability to communicate to all levels of personnel in a professional and respectful manner
Hornblower Cruises & Events has been the leading yacht and public dining cruise company in the United States for more than 38 years. Companies under the Hornblower umbrella include Alcatraz Cruises, Hornblower Classic Cable Cars, Statue Cruises, Niagara Cruises and NYC Ferry, operated by Hornblower.
Hornblower is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Hornblower participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations.
Hornblower is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may call us at 415-635-2285.