Honey Punch is seeking a full-time Associate Designer to join our team in Los Angeles. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a passion for delivering high quality products to customers. This candidate will possess partner management skills, project management skills, a high degree of ownership and integrity, a high attention to detail, excellent communication skills, and be a great team player. You will be accountable for building product, in partnership with Sales and Production team that achieves aesthetic, quality and cost requirements against product standards while also monitoring adherence for development to Key Performance Indicators for raw material and sample requests.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE
- In-depth knowledge of design techniques, product, construction and processes
- Sketch and design new key trends while updating and revamping best-selling styles
- Understand and research competitor branding, target customers, and company identity
- Research and report new silhouette direction and ideas to Dept. Head each month and season
- Work with PD partners to request new fabric and trim sourcing, construction mock ups, and finishing techniques.
- Stay updated and informed on all current and future trends and fashion week runway shows
- Touch base with teams weekly to offer creative problem solving and maintain design integrity.
- Generate CAD's sketches and Photoshop images to clearly communicate Design intention for all Design touch points.
- Research and report new silhouette direction and ideas to Dept. Head and head of sales each month and season
- Sketching and assigning light specs
- Prepare for formal Production handover meetings
- Fabric, yarn and color identification and selection.
- Data input into Tech Packs, BOMs and PLM
- Lab Dip and S/O approvals
- Artwork colorway development and detailing for vendors
- Sample organization and filing
- Have a strong aesthetic, great sense of design and color and an established understanding of the product development process
- Ensure fabric/silhouette pairings are appropriate and identify opportunity for innovation of construction standards to ensure consistency in experience and delivery of value to the customer
- Work to resolve potential manufacturing/costing issues prior to development of style to ensure quality execution in bulk
- Sample organization and filing
- College degree required, preferable in Fashion Design or related field
- Minimum of 4 years design experience
- Excellent sense of style and color
- PLM + Adobe suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, In Design) super user
- Occasional travel required
- Fabric construction- mill timelines, fabric properties
- Garment production- deep understanding of production cycle timeline, garment construction and garment costing
- Detail oriented with strong follow through
- Organized and ability to prioritize multiple projects
- Have a sense of urgency in managing time and accomplishing tasks
- Demonstrate proactive problem-solving skills
- Experience in building out a private label program in a retail environment
- Innovator/ Idea generator
- The ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects requiring frequent communication, organization/time management and problem-solving
- Bilingual English & Korean preferred
- LA Fashion District, wholesale, & fast fashion industry experience a plus
Job Type: Full-time
- Design: 4 years (Preferred)