We're looking for a thoughtful iOS Engineer who will help us build and maintain our mobile application. As an iOS Engineer on our team you are someone who is passionate about shipping high quality, clean, and testable code as collaborating with other engineers and participating in code review.
* 1-4 years' experience in mobile app development (iOS+Swift strongly preferred)
* Architecturally-minded, thoughtful, and detail-oriented
* Clear and articulate communicator
* Confident in skills but still seeking mentorship and growth opportunities
* Enjoy working closely with other disciplines, such as product, design, and marketing
* Have opinions on engineering best practices and are excited to share ideas
* Eager to make meaningful contributions to a company that brings millions of people together
Role / Responsibilities
* Implement product features as described in functional specifications
* Collaborate with other engineers and participate in code reviews
* Work with other teams to define requirements, timelines, and prioritization for iOS projects
* Drive personal growth by establishing strong feedback loops with direct manager
Objectives in the first three months
* Understand the architectural principles of the iOS codebase and apply them in your work
* Contribute to discussions about codebase strengths and weaknesses
* Own and deliver a major project start-to-finish with guidance from a Senior iOS Engineer
* Plan and estimate your own work in weekly sprint planning meetings
We believe the quality of your relationships determines the quality of your life. So when it comes to your most important relationship, it makes sense to take a more thoughtful approach. Hinge provides an alternative to swipe culture by creating smart matches and natural conversations among people who are on the same page. That's why 75% of our first dates turn into second dates, and why we're the #1 mobile-first dating app mentioned in the NYTimes Wedding section. Hinge is where the next generation is going when they're over dating games and ready to find meaningful connections.
Our cultural attributes:
* Open: Invite and deeply consider challenges and criticism.
* Candid: Share your genuine thoughts and opinions directly, in real time.
* Kind: Be empathetic, communitarian and trustworthy.
* Bold: Proactively identify and pursue opportunity. Think big and don't be afraid to take calculated risks.
* Discerning: Think and act using the appropriate combination of principles, common sense, data and insight.
* Being authorized to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment at Hinge.
* Hinge is headquartered in NYC, and all posted positions are full-time and in-house.