Heritage Christian Online School (HCOS) is a K-12 Distributed Learning (DL) school, providing fully-accredited, Christian education to students in BC. As one of Western Canada's largest online schools, we connect teachers with families and students to provide guidance and support via individualized, online and face-to-face options. We also specialize in curriculum development through our in-house developed StudyForge platform.
We have a full time opening for a talented, experienced Visual Designer to join our design department to work collaboratively with a fun and creative team to design visuals that connect and engage our students and teachers.
As a Visual Designer with HCOS, your job will include:
- Designing layouts
- Creating hand drawn and vector illustrations and animations
- Developing or acquiring images used in a variety of creative projects, including advertisements, brochures, presentations, websites, displays and signage
- Helping with brand development and visual identity
- Planning and implementing style guides
- Photographing and editing images
We're looking for someone who:
- Is passionate about design and working as part of a creative team
- Is a strong communicator
- Enjoys collaboration with teams to plan, analyze, organize and execute assigned projects
- Can generate clear ideas, concepts, and designs of creative assets from beginning to end
- Has proven skills in Photoshop, Illustrator, XD and InDesign
- Is highly skilled in graphic design, illustration and visual hierarchy
- Experienced in designing production ready assets and materials
- Can adhere to style guides and think holistically
- Has a strong portfolio that demonstrates graphic design, illustration and creativity
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design or related field
- Basic knowledge of web building languages (HTML, CSS)
- Motion design and 3D skills
What we offer:
- A fun collaborative environment
- Variation of design work
- Competitive salary
- Benefit package including: Life, Dep. Life, LTD, Extended Health, Dental, Health Spending Account (HSA), Travel Insurance and Employee and Family Assistance
- The opportunity to work in our Kelowna office or remotely from home
If this position interests you, we'd love to hear from you.
Please apply through our website. Do NOT apply through Indeed.
Upload your resume, cover letter and your portfolio to https://onlineschool.ca/about-us/careers-at-hcos/visual-designer/
MUST RESIDE IN BC.
Job Type: Full-time
- Visual Design: 1 year (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)