Heritage Christian Online School (HCOS) is a K-12 Distributed Learning (DL) school, providing fully-accredited, Christian education to students in BC. As one of Western Canada's largest online schools, we connect teachers with families and students to provide guidance and support via personalized, online and face-to-face options.
Come work with us to move education forward in the Grad Program as we look to grow our administrative team to help provide outstanding leadership to over 50 teachers.
We are looking for a strong, motivated individual to work under the Grad Program Director as the Assistant Director of the Grad Program. This position is the equivalent to a Vice Principal role.
The details of this position include:
Day to Day Administration
- Assist in managing day to day administrative functions, questions, emails, parent and student concerns.
- Provide Grad Program teachers with general support, information and training as needed.
- Assist with Provincial Assessment information, administrating, and communication, working closely with the Grad Program assistant on logistics.
Department Management and Cooperative Duties
- Help develop and sustain a healthy school culture, in accordance with the HCOS Mission and Values and with the KCCS Foundational Beliefs.
- Meet and collaborate with Grad Program Director in relation to general school operation and events.
- Oversee in conjunction with the Grad Program Director formal and informal reporting periods.
- Oversee in conjunction with the Grad Program Director Proof of Work and Student Learning Plan submissions.
- Help coordinate and plan for Ministry of Education evaluations and monitoring visits.
- Assist the Grad Program Director in interviewing, hiring, determining teaching assignments and evaluating teachers. If this includes BCOS teaching responsibilities, include the Director of BCOS in the process.
We are looking for someone with the following qualifications:
- BC Certified Teacher
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to prioritize workload and flexibility to manage multiple tasks to ensure scheduled deadlines are met
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Outlook), Google Docs, Encom and Moodle)
What we can offer you:
- Impact - the ability to help shape the Grad Program at HCOS
- Collaboration - working within the leadership team of the school and closely with the Grad Program Director
- Flexibility - may work on-site at the Kelowna offices or from home, 32 hours per week.
- Benefits: RRSP Match Program, Life Insurance, Dependent Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, Travel Insurance, Extended Health and Dental, Health Spending Account, Employee & Family Assistance Benefits
Please apply online https://onlineschool.ca/about-us/careers-at-hcos/
This posting will remain open until May 15th, 2019.
Job Type: Part-time
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- Valid BC Teacher (Required)