Please address your cover letter to the hiring team at Habanero, and make sure to share why: (1) you think Habanero would be a great place to work, and (2) the first lesson you learned at your first job.
You're passionate about creating amazing workplace experiences. People describe you as detail-oriented, adaptive, and collaborative. So, we’d like to meet you!
As our Project Coordinator, you will work closely with our Director of Operations (Kiran) and our Go Product Manager (Christina) to support and continuously evolve Habanero's delivery and product development functions.
Habanero is looking to add this exciting full-time role to our already awesome team in Calgary, Toronto, or Vancouver! As an organization, we are passionate about creating exceptional experiences for our clients and their employees, and we believe that the best solutions begin and end with people. This is where you come in.
More specifically, you'll be…
- Part of an inclusive and diverse team of Habs, passionate about helping people and organizations thrive
- Accountable for budgeting, scheduling, and coordinating small to medium sized projects ($20,000 to $250,000)
- Accountable for budgeting, scheduling, and coordinating the activities of the Go Intranet Accelerator product team
- Responsible for providing assistance with project management activities including gathering information from users and a variety of other sources, and contributing to the entire project life cycle
- Responsible for collaborating with the larger delivery team and business stakeholders to ensure project completion and success
- Responsible for supporting and looking for ways to evolve operational excellence in areas such as project management, delivery, and measurement and planning
You're right for this role if you…
- Have an impressive background or 2-4 years of working experience in a project coordinator role
- Understand risk management, budgeting and scheduling, resource management, change control and quality assurance
- Have working knowledge of Microsoft Office and project management tools such as Excel, MS Project
- Are a self-starter, resourceful, collaborative, and innovative (to name a few)
- Have impressive communication skills (spoken and written, but especially listening) and a natural talent for putting the right people together
- Thrive in autonomous, high-performing, and non-hierarchical workplaces
Bonus points if you…
- Have experience with design-thinking, lean, and/or agile approaches to work
- Are familiar with the type of work we do
If we reach out, you should expect a thorough interview process including a 2-hour core competency interview (it can be a little intense), meet and greets with Habs, and reference checks with past employers or other contacts. While we'd love to meet everyone who applies, we just don't have the capacity to do that, so only those who are short-listed will be contacted.
Thanks for taking the time to apply!
Habanero is a Canadian consulting company with offices in Calgary, Toronto, and Vancouver. We are passionate about helping people and organizations thrive. We believe that every organization can be exceptional, and we help to humanize the world of work through the creation of modern workplaces and the cultural, communication, collaboration, and content experiences that power them. Our solutions are globally recognized, and we consecutively ranked as one of Canada's top ten best places to work for the last seven years.
Habanero is an organization where people who are creative, hard-working, friendly, honest, and open come together to do great work. We have a shared passion of solving complex issues that will benefit other people and organizations. Every person at Habanero is here because their role is necessary. We do not have anyone twiddling their thumbs – every team member has a direct impact to our business. We only hire people we can count on, so you can be certain that you are joining a team of happy and competent team members.
Our compensation package includes a technology allowance, a wellness allowance, flexible work hours, option to work from home on occasion, health and dental coverage, a health spending account, and RRSP matching. We also enjoy smaller perks like free snacks and drinks, a catered Friday lunch where you can reconnect with your team after a long week. There are training and development opportunities for those who wish to continue evolving their skills. All employees start at three weeks vacation.
We are a lattice organization, meaning that there is no traditional hierarchy within the organization. There is no typical boss, and you don't report to a manager. Instead, we have a more holistic approach to mentorship – we offer career coaches who are there to help you with all things career and life. We believe it's up to you to make the most out of your career, and we are here to support and encourage you every step of the way.
At Habanero, we celebrate diversity and inclusivity, and are committed to creating and supporting equal employment opportunities regardless of race, ancestry, ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, or disability. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all steps of our hiring process.