They say "sitting is the new smoking". We're here to get more people moving...
Gympass is a discovery platform that empowers companies to engage their workforce in physical activity by providing access to the largest global network of workout facilities. With a single monthly membership, companies can help employees find an activity they'll love among more than 600 activities across the U.S., Europe, and Latin America. Our goal is to multiply the number of people exercising at every company to create a healthier and more engaged workforce.
Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York, we have a growing team in 30 offices around the world. Our mission is simple yet ambitious: defeat inactivity, and we know the only way to get there is together, partnering with companies, gyms and having the best talent.
The Corporate Counsel will be our first legal hire in the US and will work with senior leadership and outside counsel to develop policies and general framework to ensure that we remain in compliance and act in accordance with local, national, and international laws.
What You'll Do...
* Provide the most responsive legal procedure and advice to carry out the company s business and protect company's interests and rights
* Identify risks and causes of the main legal contingencies or exposures and propose improvements
* Inform local, regional and headquarters leadership and internal clients of eventual changes in legislation and jurisprudence that might impact business
* Create and implement procedures for contract management, organization, and documentation
* Draft and negotiate a variety of coverage area-specific commercial agreements, including license, vendor, technology, master services, confidentiality and other agreements, and support the Sales team s negotiation of applicable privacy, data security and IP provisions
* Adopt preventive measures to avoid legal contingencies and disputes in all areas of law
* Analyze and manage lawsuits and define actions, defense and litigation strategies
* Maintain updated reports on company`s lawsuits and legal recommendations for accruals
* Establish and manage competitive budget according to the company`s business and keep costs controlled considering focusing on compliance and avoiding and managing contingencies
* Manage outside counsel
* Provide legal support on compliance issues, training and investigations
You Should Have....
* Minimum 4 years of relevant experience (preference for at least two years at a leading law firm or in-house at a technology or Internet company)
* Bachelors degree and JD or equivalent
* Active admission in good standing with the New York state bar
* Strong general commercial contract skills and experience
* Flexibility/adaptability and a willingness to work on a broad range of matters and take on projects outside of core areas
* Ability to effectively multitask, re-prioritize, and work independently to meet deadlines and drive agreements to a conclusion, while remaining calm under pressure
* Strong attention to detail with excellent organizational skills and the ability to perform in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
* High degree of integrity and the ability to maintain the strictest level of confidentiality
* Excellent written, oral and negotiation communication skills and superb judgment
* Responsive and service-oriented attitude
We're a wellness company that is committed to the health and welfare our our employees. Our benefits include:
* Employee Health Insurance covered 100%
* Company subsidized Gympass on us, workout anywhere anytime for the cost of one lunch.
* Competitive PTO starting on Day 1 and floating holiday to be used for religious purposes
* Outstanding opportunities for personal growth and career development
* An exciting and supportive atmosphere with intelligent (hey, at least we think so) and ambitious people from around the world!
Gympass is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Gympass does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.