More than 7 billion people depend on farms for healthy and affordable food. By 2050, the global population will reach 9.4 billion and farmers will need new ways to deliver on this demand. They'll be seeking options that are economically viable and that will help them remain environmentally sustainable. Granular's software meets this need, making farmers more efficient.
We're looking for a Director of Product to lead a team of shared services that is the backbone of Granular's portfolio of products. In this leadership position, this role will be responsible for managing a team of product managers focused on identifying and delivering on the critical common services used by Granular's products. This role is integral to Granular's success and is a unique opportunity to join a mission focused, fast-paced, smart and fun team.
What You'll Get To Do:
* Build and deliver the vision, strategy and product roadmap for a one of the most critical pieces of our products, our platform
* Lead and build a team of platform product managers to support the growth of our shared services
* Work closely with product teams across Granular to continually identify use cases, and anticipate the needs and evolution of the shared services
* Communicate the prioritization of work for shared platform components that are used by multiple customer facing products
* Work with the product leadership team to drive decisions on prioritization and resourcing
* Work closely with engineering to drive the design and execution of platform components
* Define and maintain an evolving platform roadmap to support Granular's product needs, in close collaboration with platform engineering lead
* Provide visibility and transparency through clear communication within the team, to other teams, and with senior management on the vision and strategy for Granular's platform
Our Ideal Candidate:
* 10+ years of experience product managing a developer-facing service or platform, or a consumer-facing product in a highly technical domain
* Experience building out new product management teams and driving them toward a big vision as well as consistent execution
* Builds strong, productive relationships with other product stakeholders
* Technical background or strong technical knowledge foundation
Perks and Benefits:
* Upward mobility. We are growing quickly and need talent who can take on increasingly challenging and rewarding roles
* Generous Vacation
* 401k Matching Program
* Commuter Benefit Program and Stipend
* Employer sponsored Medical, Dental, and Vision
* Vision and Dental FSA and Dependent Care FSA
* Family, Maternity and Paternity Leave
* Paid Adoption Leave and Adoption Assistance
* Dependent care for business travel
* Learning and Development Programs
* Open floor plan, dog-friendly offices
* Deep care about the fundamentals of what is important: Interesting + socially impactful work, professional growth within the company, love for our users, stability, consistent reviews, work-life balance where you show up as the best you.
Who We Are:
Granular combines the leadership and innovation of experienced entrepreneurs, advisors, and investors with the meaningful insights of farmers, agronomists, data scientists and engineers.
Our internal team has the rebellious, innovative business and technical acumen that defines Silicon Valley; this expertise has produced products including Granular Business (https://granular.ag/farm-management-software/) , Granular Agronomy (https://granular.ag/agronomy/) , AcreValue (https://granular.ag/acrevalue/) , and AgStudio.
Founded in February 2014, and backed by leading VC's like Andreessen Horowitz and Google Ventures, Granular is an independent subsidiary of Corteva, a spin off of DowDuPont(tm). We currently have offices in San Francisco, CA, Champaign, IL, Des Moines, IA and Cumming, GA.