Who we are
You know those big cities that still feel like small towns? Where everyone’s friendly and helps each other out? That’s like Grant Thornton. Except here we’re all professionals and there isn’t a mayor or a general store. What we’re trying to say is that we’re a very different kind of professional services firm where culture is at the heart of who we are and what we do. We employ about 2000 people across Canada, and we truly care about helping our clients, colleagues, and communities thrive. That’s what’s most important to us. We’re building a special organization that’s purpose driven and as we grow we always want to remember what your favourite milkshake flavour is.
A career in Assurance with Grant Thornton will provide you an opportunity to:
- Work with a team of professionals who assist businesses in specific industry sectors with a wide range of accounting, audit, regulatory and advisory services
- Be part of a unique work culture that challenges you to further your professional development and enlarge your chosen career path
- Be part of a fast growing environment with engaged professionals who are respected in their fields
- Develop solutions with clients and co-workers through collaborative debate and discussion
- Be engaged with clients on a variety of local and national projects
As an Accountant your responsibilities will include:
- Planning, preparing and execution of financial statement audits, reviews and compilations
- Providing solutions to our clients on current business and financial conditions
- Planning fieldwork assignments including budget and resource needs
- Working closely with clients and providing exceptional client service
- Working with clients in target industry sectors under varying reporting frameworks
- Supervising, coaching and directing motivated professionals
- Building our reputation as the preferred business advisors in key sectors of our growing practice
Be Grant Thornton
If you’re a bit like us, you’re driven to connect with how others are feeling and thinking. Here we walk in others shoes before taking action. Just imagine being part of a team that puts we before me, where flexibility is a mindset, and where you trust your colleagues have your back. At Grant Thornton, you’ll work with inspiring leaders who support your development, both personally and professionally. This is a place where your insatiable curiosity enables you to think, see and hear from a variety of perspectives, a place where every day is different and having the courage to grow is part of who you are. And when all this comes together, well that’s when the magic happens.
Think you’ve got what it takes to be an Accountant? Like the colour purple? Great. Here's a few more boxes we’re also hoping you can tick:
- Preferred candidates will possess a University Degree or Diploma with a concentration in Accounting
- An accounting designation (CPA, CMA, CGA) or desire to pursue one would be an asset
- 1-3 years of experience in an accounting role in a small to medium business environment
- Strong commitment to excellence and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven problem solver with solid analytical skills
- Strong technical experience in accounting and tax
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience with Caseware, Taxprep and QuickBooks is an asset
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office suite and ability to grasp new technology tools
- Ability to execute on deliverables in a deadline driven environment
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, fast paced and complex environment
- Results oriented with a sense of urgency. Quick learner, self-starter and exudes a “can do” attitude
- Good understanding of team dynamics and cohesion. Strong team player and collaborator
- Desire to learn and grow, and be an integral part of a high-performing team
- Must have access to a vehicle
At Grant Thornton we’re focused on making a difference in the lives of our clients, our colleagues and our communities. That’s our purpose. Or, as we like to say, living our purple.
Are you ready to Discover Your Purple?
Grant Thornton LLP supports the spirit and principles of Employment Equity and is committed to maintaining an environment which is perceived to be fair and non-discriminatory. We welcome applications from designated group members – Women, Visible Minorities, Aboriginals and Persons with Disabilities and accommodations are available for Persons with Disabilities taking part in any aspect of our selection/hiring process. Should you require any accommodation during the recruitment process or otherwise, please notify us of this via firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.