GP Strategies Corporation (NYSE: GPX) is a global performance improvement solutions provider of training, eLearning solutions, management consulting and engineering services. GP Strategies’ solutions improve the effectiveness of organizations by delivering innovative and superior training, consulting and business improvement services, customized to meet the specific needs of its clients. Clients include Fortune 500 companies, manufacturing, process and energy industries, and other commercial and government customers. GP Strategies has been named one of Fortune Magazine’s top “100 Fastest-Growing Companies” in 2013. Additional information may be found at www.gpstrategies.com
GP Strategies has an immediate need for a Learning Facilitator with a Retail Banking background. This is a full-time, benefitted role and the person would work onsite at the client site in Vancouver.
- Responsible for the design and delivery of training within the training functions.
- Delivers ILT (classroom and virtual classroom) training solutions.
- Makes necessary program recommendations/revisions working with all areas of Learning as required.
- Participates in the effort in standardizing training across the region (Canada).
- Ensures that learning interventions driven by the global solutions are appropriately delivered in the region (Canada), to the agreed metrics, timescales, and costs.
- Partners with Learning & HR management to deliver training which accomplishes specific business unit and management objectives.
- Works with third party suppliers in the of delivery seamless face to face programs. Maintains awareness of present and forthcoming regulatory requirements and ensure they are properly supported by learning.
Impact on the Business
- Maintain knowledge of industry, function, product, procedural and system changes to ensure existing programs are enhanced to meet changing needs.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Research, design and develop new and/or enhanced training programs training functions to meet customer needs and objectives.
- Provide instruction through delivery of training programs that consistently exceed customer expectations as indicated in trainer/program evaluations.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Provide consistent training materials through program design that incorporates Company quality principals; complete facilitator guides for use in course presentations.
- Maintain pro-active communication with line management and training colleagues to analyze training needs and translate unit and corporate goals into program instruction whether program-specific or client-requested.
- Lead and develop an effective team through communication, performance management, development plans and reward/recognition practices.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the brand.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- The position identifies training needs and designs and delivers training programs within assigned function, keeping higher management informed of matters of significance. Decisions beyond assigned authority are referred to higher management for approval.
- Ensures procedures are in place to track training participation and evaluate effectiveness of programs and trainers with management.
- Review effectiveness, appropriateness, applicability and performance of current program offerings; develop recommendations for design changes. Manages design of training programs as required.
- Implement the Group compliance policy locally by managing compliance risk in liaison with the Global Head of Compliance, Global Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer, ensuring adequate compliance resources and training, fostering a compliance culture and optimizing relations with regulators.
- Proven experience in retail branch banking
- Bachelors degree in business, communications, education, related field or equivalent experience.
- Strong communications, presentation, time management, consulting, creativity, planning, project management, organizational, personal computer and problem-solving skills.
- Thorough knowledge of industry, procedures, products, systems processes and regulations impacting area of responsibility.
- Understanding of adult learning principles and process with an ability to convert concepts into practice.
- Working knowledge of the Canadian banking and financial environment
- Experience specifically in the area of personal banking and wealth planning
- Prior mutual funds sales would be an asset
GP is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.