Genetec is a Canadian company that has established itself as a leader in the development of IP security solutions. Global provider of IP video surveillance, access control and license plate recognition solutions, Genetec employs over 1200 employees across six continents.
Due to strong growth, Genetec is currently looking for Software Developers to join its team in the Sherbooke office. If you like challenges, varied tasks, and that the idea to start new projects stimulates you, apply now to join our team! tasks, and that the idea to start a new project stimulates you, apply now to join our team!
As a C# Software Developer you will contribute to the development of new features to support everything that relates to video processing and related metadata, and the integration of various external systems.
Why working at Genetec?
- Attractive compensation package - competitive salary, year-end bonus plan and an attractive employee referral program
- Individual career path - management and technical career growth and regular performance assessment
- Work-life balance - 3-week vacation (or more) with extra week during the winter holidays, flexible family-friendly hours, team building and company events
- Stimulating challenges - software development to design new features of a world-class system and performant and result oriented environment and management
- And some more perks: free Starbucks coffee, free fruits, parking paid by Genetec, nerf guns battle (only once in a while!)
- Design and implement object-oriented applications developed in C++ and C# using .NET 4.5, the Windows platform and Microsoft Visual Studio
- Work on the Frontend and Backend components of the product using all major technologies of the .NET Framework
- Create and perform maintenance of major architectures
- Participate, as part of an Agile development process, in the design, the tasks planning, the development of features and their delivery to the quality assurance team
- Manage their time to respect milestones and delivery dates
- Work in conjunction with our partners and software testers to fix different bugs in the product
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or Computer Sciences
- Motivated to work in a fast-paced environment and enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks
- Able to work in teams and collaborate
- Excellent knowledge of object-oriented programming
- Thorough knowledge of the .NET Framework
- Experience with multi-threaded programming
- Experience with Visual Studio and basic concepts of software development (version management, code analysis, unit testing)
- Knowledge of networking (TCP/IP, UDP)
- Video streaming and decoding: HTTP, RTP, RTSP, MJPEG, MPEG-4, H.264
- Experience with distributed architectures, asynchronous paradigms and/or parallel computing
- Experience with network IPC frameworks and subsystems like WCF and Window Sockets