The Staff Accountant is responsible for the A/R, A/P, preparation of journal entries, reconciliations, analysis and review of general ledger activities, and supporting all internal reporting needs for assigned company operated restaurants in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP). Additionally, will assist with A/R, A/P and other accounting processes for Front Burner Brands (FBB) and its related companies.
- Process A/P for assigned company operated restaurants, FBB and its related companies.
- Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Prepare and verify monthly journal entries to the general ledger.
- Oversee sales tax process for assigned restaurants.
- Perform general account analysis and reconciliations, including bank and balance sheet reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Verify and process expense reports submitted for payment.
- Coordinate monthly financial closing to ensure timely reporting, assist in reviewing and updating monthly closing procedures.
- Serve as backup to other staff accountant.
- Identify areas of opportunity for process improvement.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform all job responsibilities and accountabilities. The items listed in this job description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and 2+ years of related accounting experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word required; advanced experience with Excel preferred.
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff, franchisees, and vendors.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills, ability to multi-task.
Travel as needed or required for scheduled meetings or company functions.
- Act in accordance with the company's culture, vision, principles and beliefs.
- Abide by all company policies.
- Creates structure to ensure work is accomplished at maximum efficiency and productivity.
- Performs all duties in a timely, effective, and proficient manner in accordance with established company policies to achieve the expected results of the position responsibilities.
- Maintains favorable business relationships with peers, field staff, franchisees, unit management, vendors and other company employees to foster and promote a cooperative harmonious working climate.
- Professional communication skills: internal and external communication documents and training / development materials. Able to relate information in a concise, accurate, and understandable delivery to peers, superiors, and outside contacts.
- Keeps immediate supervisor informed of all business matters pertaining to all areas of responsibility. Takes prompt action to resolve problems or barriers and suggests alternative solutions or actions when necessary.
- Maintains strict confidentiality with information or knowledge considered sensitive or confidential in nature.
- Creates plans for workflow to meet deadlines.
- Executes business strategy to produce desired financial results.
- Creates periodic action plans to improve efficiency, productivity, and financial performance.
- Performs other duties and special projects as required.
- Performs duties as assigned related to company initiatives.
- Provides strategy and consulting as defined and agreed in the scope of work with unaffiliated brands that FBB enters into a consultancy arrangement.
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounting: 2 years (Required)