FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003 but we're just getting started and there's a lot left to do. We're a high-performing team working towards a common goal: building a kick-ass online accounting application to help small businesses better manage their finances. Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity - Associate Director, Product Marketing
The Associate Director, Product Marketing will be an experienced marketer who will be a subject matter expert in cloud accounting and relevant FreshBooks markets. Working across the company, the Associate Director will focus on growing FreshBooks' cloud accounting customer base and profitability by defining go-to-market strategies, leading new product launches and building customer segmentation frameworks.
You understand the challenges service based businesses experience with their finance and accounting operations, the different market dynamics, competitive landscape, and most importantly how to positively impact customer sentiment and drive new behavior.
You must have experience effectively collaborating with cross-functional teams to drive results and developing and executing against global launch plans that bring relevant products to market. Excellent analytical and communication skills and comfort with ambiguity are a must.
What you'll do:
What you have:
- Be an expert in Marketing/Campaign Management
- Develop market insights and identify growth opportunities through quantitative and qualitative research
- Collaborate with Product Management to help shape our product roadmap, define business models and develop pricing strategies for new products and features
- Create and lead go-to-market strategies for new and existing products that will drive growth and revenue
- Define audience frameworks, which identify target segments and personas
- Define product positioning based on thorough market, competitive and audience analysis
- Create, drive and manage impactful and concise value-based messaging for products (define key message and benefit statements)
- Identify key measures, which to inform and improve strategies and tactics
- Work with customer acquisition and customer experience teams to attract and educate target segments and drive product adoption
- Post-secondary education focusing on business or marketing; MBA preferred
- At least 10 years progressive experience in product marketing in the financial services, ecommerce, financial technology or SAAS industries
- Familiar with Pragmatic Marketing go-to-market methodologies
- Have a proven track record of success leading a team in defining, planning, positioning and launching products to market
- Are a strategic thinker who can collaborate with a diverse set of stakeholders and have the proven ability to influence cross-functional teams
Why Join Us
We're an ambitious bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to small business owners. You'll be surrounded by talented team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build a world-class one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com.