BurnabyBurnaby British Columbia [BC] Canada [CA]
Fortinet is looking for enthusiastic and eager Release QA Engineers to join our team in Burnaby! This is a great opportunity to gain experience in the computer network security industry while working and learning from a team of talented developers.
- Execute regression testing on Fortinet based products using a combination of manual and auto testing techniques.
- Create, maintain, and execute test specifications and test cases
- Identify, document, and track software defects found during testing
- Work closely with developers to ensure defects are correctly identified and fixed
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP, routing and switching
- Demonstrated ability to logically and analytically troubleshoot software
- Knowledge of general QA procedures and methodologies, as well as software development fundamentals
- Experience configuring, installing, and troubleshooting PC/server software and hardware in a Windows and Unix environment
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment and communicate well with other departments
- Demonstrated skills in scripting languages, such as shell, TCL, PERL are considered assets
- Strong knowledge of IEEE 802.11 standard and CAPWAP protocol
- Strong knowledge of WLAN communication, security, and authentication
- Demonstrated knowledge of Wi-Fi testing tools, such as VeriWave, Candela etc.
- A degree or technical diploma in Computer Science, Computer Technology, or related field