Join the Flynn Family and Experience the Flynn Way.
Flynn Group of Companies, North America’s leading building envelope contractor is looking for a Mobile and Web QA Developer to work from our Mississauga location.
Imagine a career where your creativity and technical skills can fuel BIG innovations. Where your work will have an impact on the productivity of your client’s day-to-day lives. Be recognized for your skills and take part in the full product design and development lifecycle. Work with leading edge technology to make a difference in the mobile-construction world.
Here at Flynn you’ll have the opportunity to work for a growing company, on a portfolio of products delivering real results. We give you the chance to work in a technologically challenging and fast-paced environment, to enhance your abilities while pushing your limits. Join a team that works closely together to solve problems and enjoy excellent benefits; a commitment to work/life balance, funded training plans and the ability to be recognized for your talents.
For over 30 years, we have enjoyed steady growth and success by providing quality contracting services and design assistance to ensure long-term performance and customer satisfaction. As a contractor, Flynn plays a key role in blending architectural visions with practical detailing to ensure quality, functional and high-performance roof and wall systems. As an employer, we take pride in providing the best for our people. Our people are our greatest asset and the reason behind the success we are continuously achieving. We are also proud to say that we have reached a Platinum status as being one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for 15 years in a row!
At Flynn, it’s not just a job, it’s a career.
A growing team of collaborative individuals working together to solve hard problems and deliver testable, high quality, secure code. Everyone wears many different hats and works on several projects.
Our Tech Stack
About the Role
As our Mobile and Web QA Developer you will be responsible for assuring the quality of all our mobile and web applications prior to deployment. This will involve the implementation of testing activities, detection of problem areas and responsibility for planning corrective action when defects are found. You'll be a key member of the application development team and will also work closely with stakeholders to ensure we're testing the things that matter to our users.
Responsibilities of the Mobile and Web QA Developer include:
- Plan, develop and implement automated test strategies for both web and mobile applications
- Understand application functionality by reviewing business requirements in order to plan for test scenarios and identify impact on integrations and gaps in requirements
- Work with the application development manager and developers to ensure unit, functional, integration, performance and security testing is baked into all new work
- Analyze, develop, debug, execute and maintain complex functional API and automated GUI-based test cases.
- Design and build test routines using test automation tools to address areas such as database impacts, application functionality scenarios, regression testing, negative testing, error or bug retests in preparation for implementation
- Be responsible for all project/release testing (e.g. integration, business acceptance, performance, operability, deployment verification).
- Perform regular reporting on test coverage for both web and mobile applications
- Participate in troubleshooting and triaging of issues with different teams to drive towards root cause identification and resolution
- Identify, analyze and document, track and escalate issues as appropriate using the team’s issue management app
- Plan test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope and/or delivery dates
- Support production deployment of applications and perform post-implementation validation
- Taking part in code reviews to ensure testable code is being created and that all code being committed is covered by unit tests.
- Co-ordinate code deployments, maintenance upgrades and project testing across numerous environments on various technology platforms.
- New techniques and reinforcing them with solid past experience is critical.
Skills/Qualifications of the Mobile and Web QA Developer include:
- A university degree, preferably in Computer Science/Engineering.
- Three to five years’ experience on technical projects.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and execute work independently and effectively within deadlines.
- Exposure to the Agile development specifically Scrum and Kanban
- Proven experience in developing automated test scripts for both web and mobile applications.
- Working knowledge of Selenium framework and API testing (using SOAP UI, REST Assured, and/or SOATest).
- Ability to create scripts beyond record and playback using Selenium Web Driver, Selenium IDE,
- Familiarity with CI/CD platforms like Circle CI, BitRise and VSTS
- Experience planning and estimating QA activities
- Experience analyzing and clarifying requirements to be accurate and ensure uninterrupted testing
- Experience translating business requirements into test plans and cases to automated test scripts
- Experience working with Git based version control systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid understanding of concepts pertaining to object-oriented programming,
- Experience in setting up and maintenance of different operating systems and browser simulators
- detailed knowledge of XML, YML and JSON
- Ability to write SQL queries independently;
- Basic understanding of protocols such as HTTP and HTTPS, firewalls, routers, IP networking, etc.
- Flexible, independent and self-motivated
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality
- Experience working independently in a senior/lead role on a diverse range of tasks.
- Familiarity with DevOps concepts (particularly automation, Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment).
- Proficiency in developing test plans and strategies and can lead test execution activities for projects of moderate to high complexity.
- Talent in testing risks within projects and recommending ways to mitigate them.
- Past Experience with the following tools and technology is an asset:
- Atlassian Jira & Confluence, Aha!, NewRelic, Crashlytics/Fabric.io, SumoLogic, AWS, Azure,
Great Candidates Will Have:
- A practical approach. You have the hands-on experience, theoretical knowledge and quick out-of-the-box thinking required to solve problems and offer innovative solutions.
- Drive and confidence. You revel in the QA role. You understand and appreciate the technical intricacies and the bigger project and relationship issues too.
- Be curious and interested in improving yourself and the team
- Willing to speak up and share ideas with the team
- Willing to question the status quo
- Be able to give and take criticism
- Looking to see the results of your work quickly
The Joel Test - http://www.joelonsoftware.com/articles/fog0000000043.html
Our Score: 11/12
- Do you use source control? Yes, GitHub
- Can you make a build in one step? Yes
- Do you make daily builds? Yes
- Do you have a bug database? Yes
- Do you fix bugs before writing new code? Yes, most of the time.
- Do you have an up-to-date schedule? Yes
- Do you have a spec? Yes
- Do programmers have quiet working conditions? Yes
- Do you use the best tools money can buy? Yes
- Do you have testers? Yes
- Do new candidates write code during their interview? Yes
- Do you do hallway usability testing? No
- Funded training and development program
- Very well equipped on site gym
- Dental and supplemental medical plan
- RRSP contributions
- Complimentary tea and coffee
- Team pizza lunches
- Excellent on site, subsidized cafeteria
- MSDN Subscription
- Monthly Azure credits
- Monthly AWS credits
- Windows and Mac laptops with lots of RAM and an SSD
- Three monitors
We are also highly active and committed to creating an environment which is accessible to all of our customers, employees and applicants. Reasonable accommodations in the hiring process will be provided to people with disabilities upon request.
Flynn Group of Companies is an affiliated contractor with the Helmets to Hardhats Program.
For more information about starting your career with Flynn please visit www.flynncompanies.com