FleishmanHillard Chicago has an immediate opportunity for a communications specialist with extensive experience in media relations, influencer marketing and consumer programs for major brands, preferably for (but not limited to) food, consumer and sports clients. The Senior Account Executive will play a lead role in developing programs, managing day-to-day account activities and creating earned, digital and social media campaigns. The SAE will work primarily on a major sports brand, with the possibility to work on other consumer focused accounts, and also assist in business development.
- Managing the day-to-day logistics for key clients in the food and nutrition/consumer practice.
- Overseeing the development and implementation of earned media, influencer and social/digital strategies.
- High profile earned media pitching.
- Leading the execution of specific programs within large accounts.
- High quality writing for press releases, plan/proposal development, and content.
- Collaborating across practice and expertise areas to bring best thinking to clients.
- Developing and managing budgets, staffing, and administrative account needs.
- Researching, planning, and executing events.
- Identifying and working with key influencers and influencer networks.
- Doing research and gathering insights relative to programs and new business.
- Developing client relationships.
- Monitoring and reporting on regular basis.
- 3-5 years of experience in public relations, journalism or a similar field.
- Bachelor’s Degree in strategic communications, journalism, public relations, marketing, or a related field.
- Experience and understanding of sports and food practices and issues, as well as knowledge of consumer communications highly preferred.
- Versatile, persuasive writing skills and experience developing high-quality written materials, including communications plans, client correspondence, plan and program development and media communications.
- Strong strategic thinking and planning skills.
- Demonstrated experience in planning and executing results-oriented communications programs and providing high-quality service to demanding clients.
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to interact with clients on a day-to-day basis.
- Ability to incorporate social and digital media into integrated communications strategies.
- Ability to develop and manage project timelines and corresponding project budgets.
- Proactive communication and problem-solving skills and the ability to work effectively within a team.
- Ability to change priorities against changing client and team needs.