FleishmanHillard’s New York office has an immediate opening for a Senior Account Executive with a strong healthcare and media background to join our healthcare sector. This position provides the opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment with a collaborative team on high-level creative program development, social media/digital strategy, influencer marketing, brand building, media relations and crisis management.
Primary responsibilities for the Senior Account Executive include handling many of the day-to-day activities for the healthcare practice’s account teams, including working with senior members of the team to help oversee projects and provide client counsel. Candidate will be expected to balance workload, develop and manage budgets, and be involved in strategic planning. In addition, candidate will be involved in regular account planning meetings and new business presentations.
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Play a pivotal role in handling many of the day-to-day activities for the healthcare practice’s account teams, including working with senior members of the team to help oversee projects and provide client counsel.
- Develop relationships and coordinate correspondence with external audiences: third-party organizations, healthcare professionals, media, etc.
- Play key role in account activities including special events, media relations, program implementation, etc.
- Be flexible and facilitate teamwork within account team; coordinate team resources and create opportunities for junior staff to take on more responsibility; fully utilize agency resources to create the "best teams" for your clients.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively develop full range of written materials including press releases, byline articles, speeches, client correspondence and reports.
- Develop and monitor program plans and budgets for profitability; report status to client and agency management on a regular basis.
- Explore and create opportunities for incremental business growth within your clients’ organizations.
- Build and maintain strong client relationships.
- Category experience with oncology, pain management, HIV or a relevant therapeutic area.
- Experience driving large projects from beginning to end.
- Ability to collect and implement feedback from various parties (even amidst challenging circumstances).
- Experience liaising with creative team/design, internal team and client.
- Experience communicating directly with client.
- Interest in research/analysis; excels at pulling together findings in succinct report.
- Strong writing; experience across various types (press releases, PR materials, analytical, social media).
- Knowledge of healthcare/consumer health/trade media as well as familiar with healthcare social media/stipulations.
- Experience pitching a variety of media including national, local, trade.
- Enjoys brainstorming and strategic planning.
- Ability to delegate; knows when to seek input and help from others.
- Creative; likes to build PPT slides and materials.
- A thirst for knowledge, interest and desire to work in the ever-changing world of healthcare.
- Skilled at applied strategic thinking; anticipating issues, trends, and connections, and translating those insights into actionable ideas for the client.
- Experience with FDA approval process and milestones is a plus.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. FleishmanHillard was named PRWeek’s 2014 Global Agency of the Year, “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s 2013 A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for 2010-2016; and among PRWeek’s 2013 “Best Places to Work.” The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.