Chart Your Course With Fleetway Inc...
- Are you passionate about Naval Architecture?
- Do you have 2-5 years of marine experience in progressively increasing roles?
- Do you have the desire to join a rapidly growing, coast-to-coast team of industry professionals in our nation's capital?
If you've answered YES to the above questions, you could be a candidate for an excellent opportunity with Fleetway!
With a strong foundation established over 30 years, Fleetway offers a comprehensive capability of engineering, technical, logistics, and management services. We have built an outstanding team of people and partners, invested in the tools, and earned an exemplary track record servicing our customers.
Fleetway’s experience includes project design and development, project implementation, in-service support, and disposal services. Serving commercial and government clients in the marine, naval, oil & gas, and other industrial sectors, we have the people, the credentials, the infrastructure, and the proven track record to provide our customers with the service excellence and value that they are looking for.
We uphold the highest standards of quality, safety and security, and are registered to the ISO 9001:2015 designation.
We are looking for a qualified Junior-Intermediate level Naval Architect Engineer. This position is based in our Ottawa, Ontario office.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Naval Architect is a crucial member of the Fleetway Engineering team who prepares comprehensive engineering change proposals and technical investigations, as well as designs and specifies integration requirements for modifications to ship systems and structures.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree or equivalent with a concentration in Naval Architecture
- 2-5 years of marine based engineering experience - (Naval Ship project experience an asset)
- Working towards P. Eng as an EIT
- Must be eligible to meet requirements for Canadian government security clearances
- Must be self-starting, adaptable and eager to take on challenges
- Participating in the development of technical studies, drawings and specifications
- Assisting with report writing and equipment selection
- Performing engineering design and structural analysis
- Working on systems integration projects
- Developing 3D models of ship equipment and compartment arrangements
- Conducting engineering analyses such as finite element analysis
- Equipment selection, specification, and report writing
- Survey shipboard equipment
- Conduct weights and stability analysis
- Participate in field studies
What We Offer:
- The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary commensurate with skill, ability and experience, along with a comprehensive package including:
- Health and wellness benefits (including Fitness Reimbursement)
- Flexible work hours
- Enrollment in company RRSP matching program
Additionally, in your covering letter, we ask if you could identify how your work background and experience aligns with the job profile and requirements.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
NOTE: The recruiter is reviewing and interviewing eligible applicants for this position as they are received. If you are interested in this posting, you are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.