** We are currently staffing for candidates with warehouse and driving/delivery experience for our new branch location in Columbus, OH **
FleetPride is the leader in the industry comprised of retail, service, distribution and wholesale divisions.
Imagine working for a company that cares about your professional future and wants you to reach your career goals!
FleetPride, North America's premier and largest independent distributor of heavy-duty truck and trailer replacement parts is searching for a Warehouse Driver Associate to join our dynamic team at our new Columbus, OH branch.
Some of the benefits of this exceptional opportunity are:
- Competitive compensation with annual merit increases
- Benefits package - includes medical, dental, vision, 401k, paid vacation, & holidays
- Company provided uniforms
- Great work-life balance
- Family-oriented, teamwork driven environment
FleetPride Warehouse Delivery Driver's provide customer service through the delivery and/or pick-up of parts and other products. They unload products from shipping vehicles and store at the appropriate storage area in the warehouse. and provide support to the warehouse operations of the branch. Delivery function accounts for about 50% of time.
- Pull and organize customer orders for delivery from warehouse by part number and quantity as directed by picking ticket in priority assigned.
- Provide excellent customer service to all customers, ensuring the order being delivered is correct and maintaining professionalism in appearance and conduct.
- Load materials into vehicle and install bracing or padding to prevent shifting or damage in transit.
- Follow company delivery routes to ensure maximum efficiency of delivery run.
- Pick up any and all applicable returns and cores, tagging appropriately and returning them to the branch.
- Determine delivery vehicle is in an operative condition daily by completing daily inspection/log. Maintain a clean vehicle and operate vehicle in a safe manner daily.
- Manually, load or unload materials onto or off pallets, skids, platforms or lifting devices.
- Stock and maintain inventory items in designated warehouse storage areas.
- Package, label and ship customer orders by UPS, US Mail, bus, motor freight and local truck deliveries.
- Check vehicles before driving to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working order.
- Maintain cleanliness of warehouse by sweeping, dusting, mopping, and emptying trash as necessary.
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicles immediately.
- Clean and maintain supplies, tools, equipment, and storage areas in order to ensure compliance with safety regulations.
- Examine and inspect stock items for wear or defects, reporting any damage to supervisors.
Handling of normal stock will include lifting or carrying parts in excess of 60 lbs. up to 15% of the time. Majority of lifting and carrying will involve parts between 5 and 60 lbs.
- OSHA approved safety toed shoes required from the first day of this job.
- Proper protective equipment (PPE) will be worn when required and necessary.
- High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate)
- Minimum of 1 year of general warehouse or delivery experience.
- Valid drivers' license with clean driving record.
FleetPride offers a competitive benefits package including health insurance, dental, 401K, paid holidays, sick days and vacation.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Job Type: Full-time
- driving/delivery: 1 year (Preferred)
- general warehouse: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off